cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Dial peer in ISR4321/K9 CUCME

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCME in ISR4321/K9 with ISDN BRI interface.

The Dial Peers I create have by default the command "forward digits 0".

When I know that the length of the digits must be let's say 10 I change the command to "forward digits 10".

Unfortunately this can't be done when I create a dial-peer for international numbers because the length is not the same for all international destinations and instead I put the command "prefix digits 00"

The problem is that I can't remove the command "forward digits 0" from the peer and when I put the command "prefix digits 00" then the router sends only the "00" or whatever I prefix and nothing more.

How can I fix this issue?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem is solved.

The destination-pattern I had was ^000T

As soon as I did it 000T it worked like a charm among with "prefix 00" as I knew it all these years.

The ^ in front of the pattern confused the router and with the command "prefix 00" the result was 00000T.

Thank you everyone.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you change it to forward-digits all?

Yes I can but I put a "0" in front of all the dial-peers for outside calls and the router will send the "0" too with this command.

Please post your dial-peer configuration, can you apply no forward-digits 0. Keep in mind that POTS dial peers do not forward explicitly matched digits i.e. 00[2-9].... would strip the 00 as they are explicitly matched, but would the rest [2-9].... would be forwarded automatically.

The configuration is the bellow.

dial-peer voice 100 pots
trunkgroup BRI-PORTS
description ***INTERNATIONAL***
destination-pattern ^000T
forward-digits all

The only command I could run is the "default forward-digits" in order to remove the "forward-digits ".

What I did to make this work is apart from the above commands I added a "translation rule" in the called number outgoing to the "voice port" which removes only the first "0" as with "forward digits all" I sent the whole number.

I couldn't find something better as with the "prefix digits 00" and "destination-pattern ^000T" in other situations I could accomplish my job and not become "00000T" like now.

Aadhil Salim
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Silva,
Can you try this below configuration.
Dial-peer voice 100 pots
trunkgroup BRI-Pots
Description "INTERNATIONAL"
destination-pattern .T
prefix 00
no digitstrip

This solution would not work as destination-pattern of .T does not match any explicit digits thus all digits will be forwarded, plus the prefix on top of it, so if user dials 000XXXXXXXXXX, this would result in 00000XXXXXXXXXX.

The most typical solution to international dial peers for this example would be destination-pattern "000T" with no digit forward set, and prefix "00" in order to strip the extra 0, which I am assuming was used as off-net access code.

Problem is solved.

The destination-pattern I had was ^000T

As soon as I did it 000T it worked like a charm among with "prefix 00" as I knew it all these years.

The ^ in front of the pattern confused the router and with the command "prefix 00" the result was 00000T.

Thank you everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: