Replies

Problem with international calls CME

marwa.jeljli1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have my CME router with two different link:

the first is VOIP and the second is POTS

I need to allow international outgoing calls to be routed through the POTS link 

so i did these commands:

dial-peer voice 5 pots
 corlist outgoing call-international
 description Appel international via TT
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 000T
 port 0/0/0:15

I have also configured the international calls to be routed through the SIP TRunk by using these commands

dial-peer voice 2200 voip
 corlist outgoing call-international
 description **International Outgoing Call to SIP Trunk**
 translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing
 destination-pattern 000T
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:192.168.2.51
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

The problem is that calls always goes through the SIP trunk although i have specified the higher preference value for the POTS

Is there any missconfiguration

Please help me it is urgent!!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Add "preference 2" under the VoIP dial peer. Please note that When you set the preference order, the lower the preference number, the higher the priority. The highest priority is given to the dial peer with preference order 0 and it is the default value.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Hi,

Please share your config and the output of 'debug isdn q931'.

What is '000' for? Does it mean '0' as access code and '00' to match international dialing or any other interpretation.

Do you want to use the SIP trunk as a failover to PRI?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Add "preference 2" under the VoIP dial peer. Please note that When you set the preference order, the lower the preference number, the higher the priority. The highest priority is given to the dial peer with preference order 0 and it is the default value.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts

Ok i will check this and i will come back to you 

Thank you for your response

But i have made a simple test, i deleted the Sip tRunk configuration and i tested. The international calls fail

so i guess there is a problem with the POTS configuration 

Have you any idea?

My response was based on issue with dial-peer selection. That configuration was incorrect, you need to correct it as per my last response. This call failing through POTS is a separate issue from dial peer selection order and requires debugs from the gateway for a test call.

Manish

Thank you a lot

i'm not familiar with CME. Know after making changes you have recommanded me i got the message that the dialed number is incorrect from my POST operator so it 's a good thing for the moment.

Thank you for your further help :)

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Marwa,

As Manish correctly said you can re-route your call based on  preference level assigned on dial-peer however now seems like you have a problem with pots dial-peer even you have deleted the voip dial-peer ie SIP still calls fails not traversing over pots dial-peer.

Can you make one test call shut voip dial-peer and collect below debugs

# debug voice ccapi inout

# debug isdn q931

P.S : there would be a difference while sending over these dial-peer in pots explicit match will be strips however in voip it won't

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi,

Please share your config and the output of 'debug isdn q931'.

What is '000' for? Does it mean '0' as access code and '00' to match international dialing or any other interpretation.

Do you want to use the SIP trunk as a failover to PRI?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: