Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with "Forward No Answer Internal"

Zach S
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I seem to be having a slight problem with setting up Forward No Answer Internal with my phones. I have test phone setup with the function pointing to a second phone on the same desk, both are in the same subnet and function in every other capacity just fine. Yet the first phone will not transfer the call to the second when there is no answer.

I've messed with the 
No Answer Ring Duration (seconds) setting, and turning Voicemail on and off, but still have no luck. After a few rings the calling phone just gets the regular "no answer" tone. Additionally, all these numbers are in the same CSS and the CUCM version is 8.6.

This seems like it should be straight forward, however, I'm having no luck troubleshooting it, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Zach,

uncheck the voicemail checkbox and use a dialable number (removing the "-")

Eike

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Zach,

Can you provide some additional information?  Are both of the phones in question in the same partition?  If not, are they in partitions that have access to each other?  Of the DN that is being forwarded, the CSS that is assigned does it contain the partition of the number its being forwarded to?

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, and most other commenters, yes these are in the same partition/CSS, and I have tried with VoiceMail disabled. The CSS option is set to the same option as well, not "None".

Thanks Zach,

As some that have mentioned already, after selecting the DN and in the section where you specify the destination to forward to, across from it will be the CSS assigned to the destination.  Is that currently set?

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Tony,

Yes this option is checked, and assigned to again, the same CSS/Partition as everything else.

what happens if you put the same destination under call forward all instead of CFNA? make sure you have call forward css assigned to that field too?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Suresh, 

CFwdAll can successfully call to the destination, which is again, the same partition/CSS as the calling phone.

OK, can you paste the screenshot of that forward settings please?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Here is a heavily sanitized version, the gist is the same, just that data is changed. This is the config of the phone that should  be doing the forwarding. I realize now that I added a "-" in the sanitized version, rest assured the actual DN's do not have any "-"'s in them.

Hi Zach,

uncheck the voicemail checkbox and use a dialable number (removing the "-")

Eike

It looks like the checkbox was the culprit.

but keep in mind using a - in the extension number will lead into a problem that this number cannot be dialed from someone.

Just try to dial a "-" on an IP Phone :)

Eike

The "-" was a mistype when I was jamming in the pseudo-data, the actual DN's contained no "-". Thanks for the help, though.

Did you configure a "No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)"? If it is empty at the line config what is set in the Enterprise parameters?

Eike

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Check the CSS assigned right next to "Forward no answer internal" , if its not assigned to correct CSS then assign it and test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: