Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems to dial numbers on the same area code - Service Provider

Hi folks,

My customer has a site in Sao Paulo / Brazil, for calls to the same city isn't needed to dial area code, but if I dial a near city with the same area code, the service provider is looking for area code before the number, ex: 114444-4444. For calls to the same city I dial just 4444-4444.

I'm using E1 R2 signaling and I'm looking for a solution for this problem once I want to have just one dial-peer to reach numbers with the same area code.

How I can archive that?

Thank you and I really appreciate any help.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Numbers for the other city, will be for example, 34xx-xxxx.

Based on that you can configure the dial-peer appropriately.

Yes, but we have more than 150 prefixes just for Sao Paulo city.

You only need the prefix for the other cities, can use patterns, and use 'prefix 11' to make transparent for the user.

On the other hand is not like the router can automatically know what your telco wants.

Yes, I know.

But I`m looking for other more simple solution, but no problem

We all want simple solutions.

Unfortunatly, not always there are.

Marwan Urabi
Level 1
Level 1

HI.

I make nearly same setting .

make the dial-peer destination like this.

destination-pattern (11)%........

on this same dial-peer you call 114444-4444 or 4444-4444.

I hope this helpful

Best Regards

Marwan

What are you running anyway? CME or CUCM, if you use CUCM, you can use Called party transformation patterns, probably easier than chucking in a gazillion dial-peers. i am with Paolo, you will somehow  need to summarize to allow for patterns and then prefix 11. Can you supply us with what the numbering plan is over there, so we can work out some patterns for you.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.