Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with ATA186 and DTMF

Hi

We have a door that is opened using an analoge phone line (if you hit # on the other end it should open). The lock is connected to an ATA186.

When the call is routed out of our CallManager and to the PSTN pressing the # in the other end works perfectly.

If the call is only routed internally to a IP telephone internally (7941 using SCCP) it dosen't work.

The supplier has the same device for the door at his office and when he makes the door calls the same 7941 phone it works from his end. So it seems like when the signal is travelling over the PSTN it works and only internally on the CallManager it dosen't.

Any ideas?  

8 Replies 8

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you give more information in what you configured on these two statements

When the call is routed out of our CallManager and to the PSTN pressing the # in the other end works perfectly.

If the call is only routed internally to a IP telephone internally (7941 using SCCP) it dosen't work.

Normally this door systems use some type of hookflash arrangement , is this something you are using?

Cheers

Mark

Hi

I got nothing to do with the configuration of the door system so the only thing I know is that if I press # it should open. The door system is dialing a configured number when someone rings the doorbell, then it's a huntgroup and the first one to pick it up get's the call. Voice communication works fine but the # wont work.

If the door systems calls an external phone (outside the Call Manager) it works perfectly. I therefor thinks it some setting in the CallManager that controls the tone that the 7941 produces to open the door.

Hi

The "Door" is on the same location of the 7941 ? If you call to another phone and press#, you hear the tone?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

You don't mention where the ATA186 is but i am going to assume that it is connected to the door system.

From what you have said it seems that

The scenario that works is the voice path from Voice Gateway to ATA186

The scenario that doesn't work is 7941 phone to ATA186

Can you tell me the Gateway protocol and also the Phone protocol you are using.This will help to narrow it down.

Cheers

Mark

Sorry meant the ATA186 protocol not the phone as i see that is skinny

I'm not in the office so I will try that tomorrow bruno_rangel. Both are at the same location.

The ATA is using skinny as well and yes the ATA is hooked up with the door system

Yes I can hear a tone while pressing # when I call another phone.

I think the quickest way to look at this is to get an analogue phone and plug it into the back of the ATA.Then make a call and see if you hear the dtmf.This will then rule out any inband to outofband DTMF issues.