Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with CUE web login

Hi,

I am  new at Voice over IP,

I have a couple of questions about the CUE, installed on a Cisco 2811, (the router has 12.4T IOS version). The CUE has 2.1.3 if i am not wrong.

Let me explain my scenario, when i begin working here the router was already configured but not the voice part on the router (although the cue part on the service-engine was a little configured).

so for testing purposes i have configured the voice part,

After i configure this:

interface Service-Engine0/1

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0

no ip unreachables

ip virtual-reassembly

service-module ip address 192.168.1.3 255.255.255.0

service-module ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1

ip route 192.168.1.3 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine0/1

telephony-service

no auto-reg-ephone

max-ephones 35

max-dn 144

ip source-address 192.168.1.1 port 2000

web admin system name cisco secret 5 secret

dn-webedit

time-webedit

I was able to do a session to the service-engine 0/1, and also tried to connect to the web page, but i get this error after writing the username and password.

"Cisco Unity Express has lost contact with the Host router. Enter the new CCME Web Administrator user name and password",

I tried everything and it doesn't work, what could it be?. (the router only has the .bin on the flash, there are no voice directories or something like that), could this be the reason why i can't pass this page, because i write the new CCME web administrator username, password and hostname and it doesn't work.

I wanted to do a restore factory defaults on the cue, but i don't have any license file or package, so I assume that someone installed it, so my question is if i restore to factory defaults, the license package gets also erased?, or i don't need a license package, I wanted to restore to factory defaults so i could begin from scratch..

hope you could help me with this,

please give some clues...

regards,

Juan Pablo Hidalgo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to install the GUI files for CME web administration, that the CUE is complaining about.

However even if the CUE cannot reach CME GUI, it will work anyway.

To update CUE you need to download the software first. License and other details vary by the software version and model.

There is no option to factory default CUE.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to install the GUI files for CME web administration, that the CUE is complaining about.

However even if the CUE cannot reach CME GUI, it will work anyway.

To update CUE you need to download the software first. License and other details vary by the software version and model.

There is no option to factory default CUE.

Hi Paolo, thanks for your answer,

about the restore factory default option, i could tell you that if i go ioffline (offline command) y could execute the command "restore factory defaults", that i assume will erase all the configuration and data from the service-module,

Regards,

Juan Pablo

Hi Paolo,

I have downloaded the cme gui files 7.0.1 and transfered to the router flash, now i could log in the CUE web admin page,

i have one more question,

i could download the license and packages without problems, i don't need to write to license@cisco.com, or something like that?..

regards,

Juan Pablo

Before CUE 7.1, license package can downloaded directly from cisco.com.

Thanks Paolo,

Right now, i have tested the CUE and works fine,

but i have a doubt, i never seen a cisco voice implementation, so let me explain what i want to do,

when you call to a friend on his cell phone and he didn't answer his phone you could leave a message, and you only hear, that he is not available and leave the message,

could i do this on the CME or CUE?, because if i dial an extension, and after 10 seconds i got redirected (i configured like this) to the voicemail extension, and an operator answer me and tells me to enter my password, and then she says press 2 to send a message, so my question, there is a way i could leave a message after the 10 seconds without been redirected to an operator??. what about the clients that calls from the PSTN, how they leave a message,

maybe this is done using another feature or configuration, could you give me some clues for this..

maybe my version is the problem, (version 2.1.3, very old..)

thanks again for your help

Regards,

Juan Pablo

Yes, it works like that. Create a mailbox, then callers can leave messages into it.

It's all explained in the documentation.

ok, thanks, but external callers that calls some user doesn't hear the operator?, i assume they only hear the greeting message and leave the message.

I don't know what do you mean by operator. Once a call goes into CUE, you hear system message also called prompts.

Hi,

By operator, i mean a woman's voice, that fisst says "welcome to cisco unity express....", then she says "press enter your password followed by the # key", and then "if you want to send a message press 2", after i press 2, she says "please enter the extension for which do you want to send a message", and then i could leave the message,

i want the call goes to CUE and directly i could leave the message after hearing the owner mailbox greeting message..

i hope i explain myself,

regards,

That means the mailbox is not configured correcty.

Ok, thanks, that's what i need to hear..

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: