cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with FXO

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

1-- When someone dials from outside (say A), and before the user(say B) pick up the phone, A cancels the call, but the phone continues to ring at B till he goes offhook or else it ends when the ringing timer ends ( here its 180sec).

so what should be done in order to end the ring as soon as A hangs up?

2-- There is a problem with incoming calls, when any incoming call comes, the display shows "Unknown number", but under the 'show commands' the number is shown, and also ''caller id enable'' is present in voice ports.

it is FXO ports.

voice-port 0/0/2
 trunk-group ALL_FXO
 supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
 supervisory custom-cptone UAE-CUSTOM-ALCATEL
 supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1
 no battery-reversal
 cptone BE
 timeouts initial 5
 timeouts wait-release 1
 timing hookflash-out 500
 timing guard-out 300
 timing sup-disconnect 50
 connection plar opx 2040
 impedance complex2
 description STC
 caller-id enable
 caller-id alerting line-reversal
 caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate
 cable-detect

7 Replies 7

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

We've faced with same problem couple of years ago.

The only solution in our case was buy additional devices "Busy tone detectors" BTD24

It will be possible to test,check and tune cadence and busy tone settings on the ports,but in most cases each PSTN station has it's own settings,so when you'll tune FXO with some settings for one Telco,it will fail with other and etc.

About Caller ID.

So,if your Telco activated this service for you and "caller-id" check box activated with FXO settings on CUCM it should be ok.

In most cases this service deactivated by telco. Confirm.

hi lebedev..

how BTDs going to help in this case? I am new in this, so please bear with me.

for caller id- the company is a very small setup, they are using CME with two fxo ports, and under it caller id is enabled, so what else might be the problem here?

other fxo port-

voice-port 0/0/3
 trunk-group ALL_FXO
 supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
 no battery-reversal
 input gain -6
 output attenuation -3
 cptone BE

Busy tone detector

Sorry it's in Russian.

It's device,which accepts all telco lines and output from device you should conenct to FXO.

When caller A places call to called B,caller A goes onhook,but called B did not answer,after 2-5 seconds busy tone detector cut line and line become free again.

I was investigating this issue for more than 4 months,but no success.

I was not able make it works without additional busy tone detector.

First of all i advice you be sure,caller id enabled for your line and activated by telco.

so does it mean that without BTD, we cannot achieve that thing? is there any alternate for that?

about caller id, i am not sure if telco has enabled it at there end, is there any way to check without really asking telco? I just joined the company, its old config in here.

Appreciate your help

1) I'm not sure,and maybe there is simple solution with busy tone.Let's wait other responses.

I didn't solve this issue just with change settings of FXO.

2) First of all you should confirm with telco this option "caller-id" is activated for your lines.

I'm afraid there is no anither way.

do let me know on this discussion, if any solution comes up.

which parameter does this command effect?

""supervisory disconnect anytone""

2. I dont think its possible to contact telco at this point, but i will try to contact them later

as i was just going through different posts related to this, someone said that changing signalling type from Loopstart to Groundstart might help.

Did you try this one? if tried, let me know the result.