Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with t302 timer

Marko Rodic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I;m having an issue with t302 timer. I have CUCM 9.1.2 version, and have setup t302 timer on 5000ms, however, calls still take 15000ms to route.

Also, # seams not to work as well. Even though I have defined route patterns finished with and without #, when I press # still have to wait 15000ms to route the call.

While system is fully functional it is irritating that you need to wait 15sec for call to be transferred to CUBE... I have seen there were some bugs in earlier versions with SIP phones, but all the phones are using SCCP... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

11 Replies 11

Hi ,

it sounds that your configuration is OK. What is your CUCM full version, for example 9.1(2)SU2a?

Regards.

hello mmorais,

full version is

System version: 9.1.2.10000-28

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have any overlapping dial plans that is causing this delay? Maybe that needs to be designed better rather than changing the T302 timers, in any event there are two T302 timers. Make sure you change the one for SIP as well and reset the phones. Good luck!

Please rate useful posts.

no overlapping... dial plan is rather simple

not sure what do you mean by two t302 timers? i have changed one in system-service parameters-pub-call manager service... wasn't aware there is another t302 parameter. can you pls tell me where to change second t302 timer?

Its right under the first one, search for T302 on the service parameter page. 

Please rate useful posts.

this actually might be the problem... will try it out tomorrow(its midnight here, so cant try it out now :D)... i have changed t302 on general, but there is also h225 t302, and connection between CUCM and CUBE is h323...

still doesnt resolve the issue with #, but if waiting timer goes down to 5 secs, im happy with it! thanks Thomas, will let you know the results after tomorrows testing.

So, your version is 9.1(2), 30-Jul-2013. The latest version is 9.1(2)SU2a, 21-Aug-2014.

How many CUCMs do you have?

What is the Primary CUCM that the IP Phones registered to?

Regards.

there are two CUCMs... phones are registered on both pub and sub, depends on their location

Ok Marko Rodic,

to eliminate one more variable to this issue ... please create 2 new IP Phone that is registered only to the Publisher ... and try again.

What is the result?

Regards.

phones are register to either pub or sub, not to both at same time... and the problem was there while there was only pub and one cube...

to get things more interesting, we have pub and sub not ans also two gateways. when calls go through one gateway(lets call it second), everything is working fine. # is working, t302 is 5 sec, etc, etc... however, when calls go through first gateway, t302 is 15sec and # doesn't work... both gateways are h323 CUBE, both configured in CUCM same way

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Can you please provide CUCM logs with calling/ called number and the time of the call?

Thank you,

Shadi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: