cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Procedure to change directory numbers for Unity voicemail ports

KRISTINE OBrien
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a procedure to follow to change the directory numbers for the Unity voicemail ports?  I have a customer who ordered a new block of DIDs and they conflict with their current Unity port directory numbers.  We are running Unity 5.0(1) and CallManager 7.1(3).

Thanks in advance,

Kristine

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity doesn't actually care about the DN's assigned to the ports.  So, you only need to modify this in CUCM.  So, there are 2 ways to go about this:

You can delete the existing ports and re-run the VM Port Wizard to delete and then recreate them.  This will obviously bring all of the ports out of service while you complete the wizard.  You'd want to do this during off-hours.  Once you're done, you'd want to add the ports back to the proper hunt configurations as well.  Basically, follow all of the same procedures for setting up the CUCM as you did when you first installed Unity.  The ports should re-register immediately when they are re-created.  If they don't, I'd stop/start Unity to get them to come back online.  If you have a lot of ports, I'd probably go this route.

Alternately, you can just change the DN's manually on each port and reset the port.  This takes out one port at a time as you just need to reset each port once you change the DN.

To my knowledge, there is no bulk job for this as that part is covered via the Port Wizard.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kristine,

Hope all is well

Just thinking out loud here, Unity Ports are generally in a separate

Partition/CSS like shown below;

For example, enter "VMRestrictedPT, Partition for voice mail port directory numbers."

For example, enter "VMRestrictedCSS."

This Partition is not able to be dialed by the IP phones and they are in their own Partition/Partitions

so there wouldn't actually be a conflict. An IP phone is only supposed to be able to dial the Unity

Pilot # so this would likely be the only conflict. The Pilot is always related to a DID number for remote

access so maybe this one DN can be used for the Pilot#.

If I had to change the DN's  I would re-build the integration from scratch to cover all the angles.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny090.html#wp1040314

Cheers!

Rob

There you go...Rob and I are on the same page and he sent you the Integration Guide I referred to.

Thank you so much for the quick responses. I will take a look at the

Integration Guide and let you know how it goes...

Hailey,

Someone here once told me;

"Great minds think alike....and then there's us "

Cheers!

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: