Views
Helpful
Replies

Procedure to create 2 devices in CM using the same DN

mohammednoor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently having an issue associating 2 IP Phone devices - one a Cisco 7945 and the other a Cisco 7940 - to the same DN or extension number. The previous engineer was able to create the 2 IP Phone devices for another DN but when I tried to create a similar configuration following a user request, the second IP Phone booted up but the extension number was not displayed/activated. Also, the new device is not listed in CM or the Route Plan report.

Very much appreciate any solution. Thanks.

Regards,

M Noor

9 Replies 9

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Noor,

Do not configure shared-line appearances on the  primary lines of the phones; for example, if two phones have a  shared-line appearance, only one of the phones should have the primary  line configured as shared (the other phone should have the secondary  line configured as shared).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wp1100362

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the information. How do I detect the IP Phone that is not even displayed in CM after having added it as a device?

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi Mohammed,

Click

Device-----> Phone ---->

You will have search option enter appropriate search criteria and click find...

You will find your phone added.

Regards

Ronak patel

Hi Ronak,

When I do that it only displays the already working Cisco 7940. The newly added Cisco 7945 is not displayed at all.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi

Let me know following

1) What version of CUCM you are using

2) Are you getting any error while adding phone manually.

3) are you doing Auto regestration.

Regards

Ronak patel

Hi,

CUCM is no version 7.1.3; the phone was added without any errors; I am not using auto registration.

I had to disable and enter static network information to allow the phone to download updates from the server. After that I had enabled DHCP and reset the phone.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Hi Mohammed,

You may have to restart folloing two services

Cisco RIS Data Collector
Cisco Database Layer Monitor

But please remember if this is production issue, raise TAC case before proceeding.

Ronak Patel

Hi Ronak,

Thanks very much for the information. I have scheduled for the job earlier this morning and it works like a charm.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

HiMohammed,

you have to make sure on the phone that it is registered to right call manager cluster or not.

if it is not showing on oneserver , try seraching it on other server or you cant find the phone is any of the server in the cluster?

thanks,

Vipul Jindal