cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

programme 'second line' softkey as single number speed dial on 7942 (CCME)

geraghtyconor
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCME (3900 V15) with 7942 phones.

Is it possible to programme one the two 'line' softkeys (the two on the right of the LCD) to achieve this?

I believe these 'lines' are referred to as ‘buttons’ in the configuration.

i'm thinking a translation pattern to achieve the tail end but I can't figure out how the force (say button 2:1001) to dial something just by pressing it so that I can Xlate it to what I want.

Any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

Monitor-Line Button for Speed Dial is what you want. There is a good example in the link I gave you.

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

button 1:11

ephone 2

button 1:22 2m11

Button 2 on ephone 2 if pressed will speed dial extension x2311 and monitor the status of the line as well.

Please rate helpfull answers!

View solution in original post

Amine Nouasri wrote:

Monitor-Line Button for Speed Dial is what you want. There is a good example in the link I gave you.

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

ephone 2

Button 2 on ephone 2 if pressed will speed dial extension x2311 and monitor the status of the line as well.

Please note that OP did not ask about monitor lines. Anyway the preferred way to "monitor" lines isn now BLF-speed dial. That has many advantages, not last the user can set edit their BLF directly from phone UI.

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

Use the link below to configure Speed Dial buttons on the CME platform.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1010702

Yip - I did that. Got rejected.

Problem 1 = Call Center manager from hell

Problem 2 = Manager has seen this done before on another CMEx system!

Alternatives = 0!

ephone-dn 1

button 2:91001

/91001/ /0123456789/

?????

going to test it now................

geraghtyconor wrote:

Yip - I did that. Got rejected.

Problem 1 = Call Center manager from ****

Problem 2 = Manager has seen this done before on another CMEx system!

Alternatives = 0!

The indication you have been given above is 100% correct: configure speed-dial button. Explain why that is not acceptable, because as it impossible to understand.

Then from the rest of your postings it seems to me you are are not familiar with CME configuration.

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

ephone 2

Amine Nouasri wrote:

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

ephone 2

Please note that OP did not ask about monitor lines. Anyway the preferred way to "monitor" lines isn now BLF-speed dial. That has many advantages, not last the user can set edit their BLF directly from phone UI.

cheers....

My customer want one of the line buttons on the right-hand-side of the 7942 to dial 0123456789 when pressed - the end.

I'm using a call manager express system.

My customer will consider no alternatives.

ephone 1

button 1:90123456789 ??

or

button 1:91001

/1001/ /0123456789/

??

geraghtyconor wrote:

cheers....

My customer want one of the line buttons on the right-hand-side of the 7942 to dial 0123456789 when pressed - the end.

I'm using a call manager express system.

My customer will consider no alternatives.

As mentioned before already. Speed-dial button does exactly that, but you have not explained why that is not acceptable to your customer

No alternatives will be considered - she's seen it before and wants it on her new system - THE END!

pls come to peace with this.

Note the lower button - once pressed 01698.....ect. is dialled.

unfortunately I dont have access to the CME associated with the 7940 in thepic!!

I don't know what your issue is, but everyone on here has already explained  that, what you want to configure is a speed dial. As mentioned by Amine, below  is what you need to do.

Spped-dial.JPG

Example:

ephone 1

mac-address 1234.5678.ABCD

button 1:2

speed-dial 1 91001 label Work

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

You're not reading my request.

press line 2 (see pic) and it automatically dials 01698.........

how is this configured on a call manager express?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

The pic looks like a Speed Dial with a label of

01698611020 I think that's all they've done here

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

EXACTLY!

how did they make a line a speed dial?

Find the phone you want to add the speed dial to and enter "speed-dial 1 01698611020 label 01698611020"

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: