Views
Helpful
Replies

Programming Cisco 8861 Lines

AlvaroOdeh1503
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a cisco 8861 and id like to get information on how to program the 5 available lines?

Am I right in thinking I can have a few different outbound and inbound numbers on the same device?

The idea is to call and receive calls from two different phone numbers on the same device, just like the bluetooth function where it lets you pair your mobile phone and place calls by selecting the mobile phone and dialing a number.

My phone provider can't provide any information and cisco apparently only provide hardware support and not technical support.

I highly appreciate any help in advance, hopefully I can get the full benefits of this phone.

10 Replies 10

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please specify if your phone is registered on a CUCM or CUCME for call-control?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hello,

I dont believe I have that, my phone provider is Ringcentral who have only
provided the devices.

Please let me know if what I mention is possible and how to make it happen.

Much appreciated your help in advance

Whats the software version on the device?

Thanks.

Unless you've configured Ring Group, then it's not possible.

Not sure on the software version, certainly the firmware has been updated
this morning therefore I believe it would have been updated to the latest
version.

Im unsure as to what ring group is, can I get more info on that or a guide
on how to set it up?

Not sure if you are using a MPP or Enterprise phone. Is your service provider is Ring central?

If you have access to the device webpage you can see the phone version here (for a MPP device):

http://ipaddress/admin/advanced

Info->Status->Product Information->Software Version

On LCD:

Settings->Status->Product Information->Software Version.

Thanks.

I will get that software version in the morning and will post it here.

Yes, my service provider is Ringcentral

Hello,

I have just checked my software version and it is: sip88xx.11-1-1mpp-897.loads

All I need to configure is a second extension in my same device so I can call and receive calls without the need of having two phones on my desk.

All the help is very much appreciated

Great. So it is a MPP phone. However on a very old firmware which is almost 2 years old. You should first upgrade to 11.2.3MPP.398.

After this you can check if you have access to the device webpage. http://IPADDRESS/admin/advanced.

If you do then you can register upto 10 lines on this phone. On the webpage you will see Ext1 to Ext10 tabs on which you can configure the proxy, userid password etc.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Better to check with phone provider if they support this functionality.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: