cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN DID to CUCM DN routing

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Looking for feedback on the best way to route my DIDs to internal extensions. As of now I have some DIDs defined as DNs in the CUCM which forward all calls to internal DNs.  I also have setup translations that use called party mask.  With the translation I can prefix a "9" to incoming calls so users can redial missed calls which is nice.  But other than that, what are pros and cons of each?  What other methods are commonly used?  I use a CUBE for the PSTN SIP trunks but I figure using the CUCM GUI would be easier but I am open to CUBE options if they make sense.

Thanks,

Diego  

2 Replies 2

Normally, For example if DID range  is 2588600-24588699, those who need direct  calling we prefer the use extension range if three digit 600-699. If 4 digit 8600-8699. 
If isp send calling information full digit, we strip the 2458 from gateway or CUCM based on configuration. If you request isp instead of full digit they can send three or 4 digit. So no need to do stripping. 

There are scenarios where use entirely different internal  numbering plan and do translation for each DID.

showing extra 9 only on call history only check the below thread

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/add-prefix-9-for-incoming-calling-number-of-missed-call-only/td-p/1825859

There a

Response Signature

I would recommend you to do all modifications of called and calling numbers in the gateway on ingress from your service provider. Reason is that it’s always good practice to do this as close to the source as possible. To do this you’ll use voice translation rules. Check how you receive these numbers from your service provider and modify it to work with whatever format you have in CM.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: