Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN Sim/2811 w/4 2MFT-T1's - seperating 911 calls

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a question that's been knocking me down since last night.  Typically I can troubleshoot anything but I'm feeling a serious mental block right now.  I have 4 CIPC phones registered to CUCM, each acting as a seperate PSTN phone.  CUCM has a H.323 gateway configured pointing to a PSTN 2811 router which has (4) 2MFT-T1 cards in it.  Each card connects to a seperate 2811 on port 0/0/0 as a ISDN PRI connection.

The problem I'm having, and what I feel should work, isn't, is that because I have 4 CIPC phones registered to CUCM with each Line 5 as 911, CUCM obviously see's that as a shared line between the 4 phones.

When I place a call from a remote location, say Branch A it rings its perspective CIPC via the T1 PRI as expected.  Same with Branch B, C, D.  However, when I dial 911 from any Branch location, it rings all PSTN CIPC phones @ 911 because technically they are a shared line via CUCM.

I was thinking I'd write a translation rule (s) on the PSTN router that would match a call inbound from each Branch using its caller-id and forward those specific calls to their own dedicated voice port, ie 0/0/0:23 for Branch 1, 0/1/0:23 for Branch 2 on the PSTN router.

Has anyone configured a similar setup or have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?  It may hit me after lunch but as of right now, my mind is a blur.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just use different CSS on each GW and assign each CIPC DN to different parition that is matched only via that site's CSS.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just use different CSS on each GW and assign each CIPC DN to different parition that is matched only via that site's CSS.

HTH,

Chris

Awesome, thanks Chris.  As soon as I read  your post I had one of those "wait, what" moments.  Meaning, I already had partitions/css's setup for my entire setup.. However, I set the hard disk on my PSTN CUCM to Non-persistant mode and it's been running for a quite sometime like that.  But, the power recently went out and well, back to no-saved changes it went.  Didn't even think to check that.

Much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: