cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN simulation

nicholasacook
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a test network environment for testing on Data/Voice& Security concepts for my company and I have come into a small road block.  I am working on creating a CUCM environment & a CME environment and I believe I have both networks working but I am unable to send calls back and forth between the two environments.  I currently have a 3825 router housing the CUCM environment & a 2821 housing the CME environment.  Between the two routers I have a T1 data connection and that link is up and working (have EIGRP going converging across that link).  I am also working on another T1 PRI link between them, but it seems the link is up and running but I am unable to send any calls across the link.  

My question is, is there a way to setup a direct PRI link between the two routers or should I add a third router (I have a spare 2901) to act as the PSTN and if so would I need to configure some dial plans or any other configurations besides just the T1 links to allow the calls going from Router A to Router B?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can have a simple PSTN simulation with just 2 ISRs and two PRI cards on each side, simply have one side simulate the PSTN signaling and that's it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can have a simple PSTN simulation with just 2 ISRs and two PRI cards on each side, simply have one side simulate the PSTN signaling and that's it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks everyone, this helps out a lot.  

moyo oyegunle
Level 1
Level 1

As jaime mentioned you can use 2 routers to do this but note you have to use a T1 crossover cable to connect(its not the same as a data crossover cable you can goggle the pinout). if you have already done this and not sure of the status after configuration you should use the sh isdn status command if its configured correctly the Layer 2 status should read Multiple Frames Established. Also yes you will still need to configure dial-peers for both incoming calls(Or direct inward dial) and outgoing calls.

Hopefully this helps.