Views
Helpful
Replies

Purchased CUWL, now what?

avictalino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently took over for a technician who had started the Unity upgrade process.  we currently have Unity 4 and would like to move to 7.1.3.  The previous tech had ordered a large number of various licenses from CDW and then he left.  I now have the task of getting it all squared up.  I was recently able to identify our ESW number and get our PAKs tied to it.  I now have access to the "Cisco Product upgrade Tool" however, Im not sure what i need to order?  We have two brand new Cisco Media Convergence Servers 7835-I2.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

LP

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Alex,

When CUWL was purchased a messaging option would have been selected. Your supplier should be able to provide the Bill of Materials detailing this or you can just look at which disks you have in your CUWL folder.

If you have Unity Connection 7.1 that is great - you can install it and obtain the licenses you have obtained from the relevent PAK codes. With CUWL upgrades you are expected to use your existing Unity Mailbox licenses. You will need to get these rehosted if you have new servers as they are tied to MAC addresses (this re-use of licenses for CUWL upgrades is infuriating IMO).

If you have Unity disks then you can request a migration to Unity Connection using the PUT tool. The part code below will provide this.

MSG-UCXN-UWL-MIG
Messaging Migration to Unity Connection - CUWL only

Hopefully this should get you started. You may need to order additional items for High Availability - the whole license setup is a bit of a minefield!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: