Views
Helpful
Replies

Put Image Background to IP Phone

demoschairos
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I tried to put the image to Phone. However it is still failed eventhough I have create the list.img with image and put the file to TFTP:/ at the UC6.0

I have refer the step details from the cisco documentation. However it is still failed.

Do it is mandatory to put the list.xml to Desktop directory in tftp dir at 6.0

How to create that directory at UC6. There is no command to create a directory at U.C. 6.0

Thx for the input.

Regards,

Suryanto

21 Replies 21

Can you put certain images on some phones and certain images on other phones?

Mainly I want to be able to put images on my phone so I can test how they look before pushing them out to everybody.

Thank you.

Just use the Cisco Phone Designer for that (free download):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/at_a_glance_c45-487466.pdf

/Martin

arrrghhh3
Level 1
Level 1

Phone designer is nice, but it's really only for one phone.

You can certainly have more than one image available to the IP phones, but users have to set the backgrounds by hand.

I used autohotkey and a script that hammers thru all the IPs in the subnet for our phones, just did it off-hours to push the image to the phones.  Mine was easy, one image... but autohotkey can be tailored to any setup.  It wasn't easy, took a lot of trial-and-error, and I had to use some GNU tools in windows, but I got it working and it's pretty consistent.  Just a PITA, I'm hoping that with v8 Cisco will have a method to administer things like ring tones and background images.

Hello, can you explain detailed how to execute the autohotkey script? where is the script is executed? how can you hammer a range of phones?

Please Google AutoHotKey... AutoHotKey is a scripting language, I wrote the software myself.  The script is executed on my PC...  I hammer a range of phones via the script.  I specify an IP range, and the script increments the IP and tries the set of commands on every single IP within the range I specify.

I appreciate this post was a while ago, however, I'm trying to do exactly the same thing but I'm getting stuck.

If I use wget (for windows), I can get the script to change the background on my phone no problem. The part I don't get is how you apply this to multiple (5000+) users without manipulating the script to account for every un/password?

I'm also a bit lost  with AutoHotKey and how to code the IP ranges?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi James

Re: usernames and passwords, you can create a user on CUCM and then associate that to all the phones on the system. Then you just need one username/password.

I've not used AutoHotKey but the principles would be the same in any script I guess - you need to get a list of IPs from somewonder and loop through them. Different phones might need different format images etc as well.

Or take the lazy route :http://www.ipcommute.co.uk/cisco-ucm/5-phone-customiser-for-cisco-ucm-evaluation.html

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: