Views
Helpful
Replies

pvdm requirement

Pawan Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am usning call manager 8.6.2 with voice gateway 2911. I am having a pvdm3 of 64 channels with single E1/PRI line on the gateway.

now i want to use this pvdm for transcoding also and when I tried to configure the same then it is showing maximum session 2. Please let me know if i can increase these sessions without increasing the pvdm.

Regards,

Pawan Arora

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should have more than 2 sessions available, please post your configuration and "sh inventory", you either have more TDM cards, or perhaps a conference bridge that uses some of the PVDMs.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe you have other application using DSP resources. As good practice, avoid transcoding whenever possible.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

XCODING uses PVDMs, so, either you add more, or you release them from whatever you're currently using them for.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should have more than 2 sessions available, please post your configuration and "sh inventory", you either have more TDM cards, or perhaps a conference bridge that uses some of the PVDMs.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am using VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 card for PRI lines. does the empty slots also consume the PVDM resources?

Regards,

Pawan Arora

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Only if it is provisioned for PRI, I.e. if it has time slots command on the controller.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: