cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Q-Sys thrid party SIP device

ma75
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone configured a Q-sys softphone third party SIP device? There isnt much on their site and I found an older DOC that steps us through it, but it will not register. Not much to configure in the APP itself. We have a user and a separate Device security profile for this device.

7 Replies 7

Hi.

If you refer to this page http://q-syshelp.qschome.com/Content/Softphones.htm than you can configure the directory number as Name,User Name and CID Name.

As authentication ID you need to specify the end user associated as digest user on third party configuration page and the password of the same end user.

As security profile you can leave the default non-secure profile.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Silly thing now at least shows "Registration in progress" but still fails. I never see any change in the CUCM page that might indicate it sees the device. We are waiting on Cisco to respond to see if they might help.

You can simply get the SIP traces to check where it is being failing and rectify accordingly.

- Vivek

Well, Our CCIE is busy, I have been doing CM for a while but when I do the capture traces for anything that says SIP I get nothing for the IP or MAC we have on the video endpoint.

Do I need to turn on something else, or capture another trace?

The issue wasn't the SIP config on the CUCM. It was the Q-sys system itself. Once we put the right IP addresses into the right spots it all came right up.

NO security though, although since the 1st of this post we have been able to drop the security back a bit.

Hi there... did you get this sorted? I can register the 3rd Party Device and can make internal calls to the device ok, but we cannot make any outbound calls... I see calls hit the gateway ok but the calls fail with a Cause Value=47, Tag=0x0, Call Entry(Previous Disconnect Cause=0, Disconnect Cause=47)...

we should be both trying to negotiate at G711ulaw, (which is what standard Cisco IP to external calls do) I note that the doc I was sent by QSC states "Call Manager 8.x only, whilst I am at 10.5...

I have a customer with this same problem... internal calls to the QSC softphone work fine but it can't make external calls.  Were you able to resolve this?

Thanks,

Kyle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: