Views
Helpful
Replies

QR Code

Joe Price
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an 8845 phone that is asking for a QR code.  I can't seem to get rid of the screen.  I want the phone to register to CUCM.  Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Seems like it's trying to register to Spark Cloud, that is why you're getting the QR Code.

You must've connected your phone to a port that isn't your voice VLAN, maybe your data VLAN that is opened to the internet.

As Chris stated, you need to have DHCP Options 150 configured for your DHCP scope.

If you have other phones that are working, it must be because they are connected to a port that is configured to be your voice VLAN, and this phone isn't.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have proper TFTP DHCP scope 150 defined on the subnet the phone is on? Is the phone getting the TFTP address? Have you tried factory reset?

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Seems like it's trying to register to Spark Cloud, that is why you're getting the QR Code.

You must've connected your phone to a port that isn't your voice VLAN, maybe your data VLAN that is opened to the internet.

As Chris stated, you need to have DHCP Options 150 configured for your DHCP scope.

If you have other phones that are working, it must be because they are connected to a port that is configured to be your voice VLAN, and this phone isn't.

Joe Price
Level 1
Level 1

Vlan didn't have access to the voice network.  Good catch!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: