Views
Helpful
Replies

Qsig UCM v8.6 to OXE v9.1 and party category

fhk-cseifert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

for the time of our migration from an alcatel-pbx to ucm, we are using at one location the alcatel-S2M for pstn-breakout and the whole internal calls between the two systems. ucm and alcatel are connected with an QSig-E1 (iso) interface at C2921 gateway (MGCP).

Nearly everything is working well in this case, but there is one ugly bug:

For call forwarding scenarios cisco>alcatel>pstn or pstn>cisco>alcatel>pstn over this qsig trunk, we are sending the complete calling number to alcatel. This works well, but if the alcatel phone not goes off hook, in the "call in absence" display information the alcatel are not using the calling name of the cisco phone for this call list, it uses the first 4 digits of the cisco number and takes the display name information of an alcatel directory number... strange.

So alcatel-tac told me that ucm must send the party category-information element (ie) at type=extension for internal calls (in SETUP q.931-message), that the alcatel can display the correct name/number for calls in absence.

Is there any idea, how I can adjust these flag at gateway or ucm in this mgcp-qsig-scenario?

Thanks a lot in advance

Bye, Chris

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried playing with these parameters??:

Callingparty IE number type

Calling Numbering Plan

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

not yet... these flags are as default "Cisco Callmanager", but we adjusted the calling party numbers for alcatel at the

Calling Party Transformation Patterns, there i have testet and changed Calling Party Number Type and Calling Party Numbering Plan. But this will not push the gw to send an IE-party category... So at next step I will test your flags.

Thx, Chris

Hi,

sadly as intended, at q931 there is no new party category ie. If I change at ucm Calling Party IE number type and/or Calling Numbering Plan, it is the same behavior as the calling number transformation pattern does... only sets plan/type. But what we need in q931 the additional party category flag.

There are other ideas or hints or should I ask TAC? Many thanks, Chris.

Hi folks,

If someone is interested in the result of my question to Cisco TAC, following the answer:

... found out that " EI_PARTY_CATEGORY" is a proprietary message of Alcatel and so there are no corresponding ISDN IE's implemented at the Cisco gateway.

Quoting from this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/cisco_ios_isdn_voice_configuration_guide/isdn05.html

" The GTD mechanism also passes the following parameters for which there are no corresponding ISDN IEs:

Calling-party category (CPC)"

So, it does not look like there is any way we can hard-code this IE into the ISDN message from the Cisco site ...

In our scenario wie have to build a 2nd qsig s2m/E1 to Alcatel-PBX. At one s2m wie will send only internal calls. The second s2m will route the calls to pstn.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Christian Seifert wrote:

... found out that " EI_PARTY_CATEGORY" is a proprietary message of Alcatel and so there are no corresponding ISDN IE's implemented at the Cisco gateway.

Hi there. Unfoortunately only noticed your post today. Can you put down more detailed description of the problem? Which QSIG version (BC or GF) is configured btw CCM and OXE?

Just for the future references - EI_PARTY_CATEGORY is not a proprietary message of Alcatel. It is a standard but an optional IE (See ECMA 106 and ECMA 251).

The purpose of the Party category is to indicate, to another user or to another PINX, the category of a user  involved in a call. An Originating PINX may include an indication of the calling user's category in the SETUP message sent across an inter-PINX link. A Terminating PINX may include an indication of the called user's category in an ALERTING message or CONNECT message sent across an inter-PINX link. A received  Party category information may be used for display at the user's terminal or for PINX internal call handling,  e.g. depending on whether the calling or called party is an extension or a PISN attendant, the PINX internal  call handling may invoke different options of a supplementary service related to that call.

Hi Alexey,

ok, this is interesting... we are running ISO-QSig, because with ECMA we had other major problems in the past. Please see screenshot of the interface settings at ucm.

Greetings, Chris

Alexey Platov
Level 1
Level 1

Christian Seifert wrote:

For call forwarding scenarios cisco>alcatel>pstn or pstn>cisco>alcatel>pstn over this qsig trunk, we are sending the complete calling number to alcatel. This works well, but if the alcatel phone not goes off hook, in the "call in absence" display information the alcatel are not using the calling name of the cisco phone for this call list, it uses the first 4 digits of the cisco number and takes the display name information of an alcatel directory number... strange.

Chris it's still not clear for me.

What do you mean by "call forwarding scenarios"? Does some IP phone use some kind of call forwarding features(CFU, CFB, CFNR) when called from PSTN?

Hi Alexey,

yes, we have every kind of callforwarding at cisco and alcatel to handle... f. ex.

pstn =S2M=> cisco =qsig=> alcatel (4 nodes, 2 location-S2M's) =S2M=> pstn

This is working well, but if alcatel fix the missed calls view (only extension number with correct calling name instead of full number) at their phones, then alcatel cannot send full (originating) cisco number to their pstn, that an external phone (cell phone) can call back or see the correct full cisco number.

At the other hand we have an SIP-breakout with cube, but this is cisco only, and no problem... call forwarding and so one ;-)

Christian Seifert wrote:

This is working well, but if alcatel fix the missed calls view (only extension number with correct calling name instead of full number) at their phones, then alcatel cannot send full (originating) cisco number to their pstn, that an external phone (cell phone) can call back or see the correct full cisco number.

Looks like the problem is on Alcatel side - actually, the configuration is not complete. As QSIG is a PBX interconnection protocol (not PE interconnection) by default  ALU handles QSIG calls as extension calls. If you want to fix calling number in this direction:

alcatel (4 nodes, 2 location-S2M's) =S2M=> pstn

then you need to have some modifications to be done in ALU network configuration.

As it does not concern Cisco telephony so you can contact me in PM.

Additional info from Cisco tac... they confirmed from the developers that unfortunately this IE (party category) is not currently supported in Qsig... neither iso nor ecma.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: