Views
Helpful
Replies

Query for MCS server

faisal_qadri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I just need to know if below MCS server can have both Communications Manager and Contact center express application active (co-resident) on the single server?

MCS7816I4-K9-CMD1                                  Unified CM 8.0 7816-I4 Appliance 
CAB-ACU                                                      AC Power Cord (UK), C13, BS 1363, 2.5m 
Included: CCX-80-CM-BUNDLE                    CCX 8.0 5 Seat CCX ENH CCM Bundle - AVAILABLE ONLY WITH CM 
Included: CUCMS-EVAL-K9                          CUCMS Monitoring Bundle Evaluation 

Above is configured on Cisco Dynamic configuration tool, User license for Communications Manager BOQ is as below:

LIC-CUCM-USR-A        50 

Unified Communications Manager Enhanced Single User-Under 1K
UCM-7816-80                1
CUCM 8.0 7816
Included: CCX-85-CMBUNDLE-K9 1
CCX 8.5 5 Seat CCX ENH CM Bundle - AVAILABLE ONLY FOR NEW CM
Included: CUCM-PAK 1
Include PAK Auto-expanding PAK for CUCM
Included: CUCM-USR 300
Include PAK Auto-expanding User for CUCM
Included: UCM-7816-80-KIT 1
CUCM 8.0 Media Kit
Included: UCM-7816-NODE 1
CUCM 7816 Node

Basically requirement is for small call center therefore I was thinking of using the bundle CCX available with CUCM and wanted both softwares to run on single MCS server for cost saving. contact center users required is only 5. IP communicator will be added in the above BOQ.

Best regards,

Faisal Qadri

8 Replies 8

Hello,

That was possible in CCM 4.X , now it is not possible because both CCMand UCCX are linux and they can't run co-resident.

But if you work on it using VMWare i think it is possible , you have to check about that.

Amer

Hi Amer,

But why they are providing CCX bundle with CUCM then?

Faisal

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Faisal,

Amer is correct here (+5 "A")

The 5 seat bundle is included as a "Promotional" item and does save on

some significant Licensing costs. You do have to provide a seperate server

to run the UCCX on though.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarification, it means I only need to add additional MCS server to the BOQ and it will fly.

Faisal

Yes , use the partnumber which ends with CCX , it will be a ready appliance for the UCCX, for the 5 enhanced , you can use the 7816 , you don't need more than that.

Amer

faisal_qadri
Level 1
Level 1

I have got below feed back regarding the server:

•   If you plan to use UCCX , you will need additional server  and $2995 SKU for UCCX server OS

What do you suggest, what part numbers are required.

Faisal

Keefak faisal,

Listen,

I know this to be true a long time ago , this was before UCCX 8.0 becasue the UCCX used to be installed on cisco OS win2003 so at that time you need cisco OS which is cost around 3K , but now after UCCX 8.0 , it is linux based and it is no longer required.

Let me do a small research on the ordering for the free seats bundle.

Amer

Hello Faisal,

I don't think it is used any more , UCCX 8.0 and later is based on VOS platform , before UCCX 8.0 you needed cisco OS becasue it was based on windows 2003 , so all what you need is the sperate server , for the license you already going to get it when you buy the CUCM appliance , don't forget to order the UCCX server as appliance , it is better.

Amer