Views
Helpful
Replies

Query on PVDM2-64 & 2 PRI's

nagaraj789
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

One of our customer has 3825 VG with PVDM2-64 with VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 and was using only one E1 PRI, now customer requested to add another E1 PRI on this VG, when trying to add/confirgure, router was throwing DSP resource error, so I shutdown conference & transcode resource i.e DSP farm on this router, hence I successfully added another PRI, so my question is that will this router support in SRST mode as I have below config for SRST mode as DSP resource fully used by 2 PRI's

call-manager-fallback
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 transfer-system full-consult
 ip source-address X.X.X.X port 2000
 max-ephones 192
 max-dn 288
 system message primary Press "#" after dialing

3 Replies 3

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Nagaraj,

Its as simple as this, if you have 31- Channels on the E1-PRI 30 B- channels and 1 D-channel for signalling.

The concept is the same with dsp's "PVDM2-64" has 64 channels. So if you use 1 E1-port of the "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1" you'll consume 31 channels of the ""PVDM2-64" 64 - 31 if you using 2  E1 ports.

Then this would be 62 Channels consumed of the "PVDM2-64".

So yes would had to reduce or shutdown  the "conference/transcoder" resource on the Gateway.

To answer your question about this affecting anything in SRST. No it wont affect anything.

All you need to do it fix your dial-peers for incoming and outoing calls in SRST for the 2nd E1-PRI that you have configured.

-Kevin Monteiro

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When phones register to CUCM , are they using  DSP resources from the same gateway for conferencing and transcoding etc? 

If not then you should be okay with SRST.thanks

Thanks Kevin.

Hi Deepak,

No, I used another MRGL pointing to another voice gateway.