cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about route patterns

Brian Beaman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a bit confused on how this works. 3 of our branch offices or in the same area around Kansas city. We have and Olathe, Kansas City, and Liberty branch there.

In the route patterns for the 816 area code I have:

9.1816XXXXXXX Olathe-TollByPass-RGL

9.816XXXXXXX Olathe-RGL

9.816XXXXXXX KansasCity-RGL

9.816XXXXXXX Liberty-RGL

How does this play out and are all of these needed?  I assume if Olathe, Kansas City, or Liberty call out 816 area code the caller ID on the called end will show Which ever one called. But if someone from a different branch calls the 816 area code from long distance with the 1 infront of it, it will show Olathes number.

Is this the correct way to think about it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It all depends on which partitions these are in, which you omitted.  The first one as the name indicates is probably used by other sites when they dial this area code as LD number to send them out of Olathe as a local call. The remaining ones are the same so that means they are in different partitions, which means they are matched based on who is calling.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It all depends on which partitions these are in, which you omitted.  The first one as the name indicates is probably used by other sites when they dial this area code as LD number to send them out of Olathe as a local call. The remaining ones are the same so that means they are in different partitions, which means they are matched based on who is calling.

HTH,

Chris

They are all in there own partition.

Thanks for the answer I just wanted to make sure I was thinking the correct way.

Exactly.

No problem, please mark the question as answered if you have no further questions on this topic.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: