cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Transcoding/Conferencing.

aj_gonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, 

Here's the scenario. We are experiencing delay and jitter on our VoIP infrastructure. Evidence pointed towards our Service Provider, since they are the ones who apply all QoS Policies and traffic shaping.

The issue was, our telephony network is 10.200.0.0 /16 and thats the IP range that our SP is using to apply all QoS. However, when we do any conferences between different offices, the outbound IP address is a different one. We found this IP address in one of the Interfaces of the Voice Gateway.

My question is: is it possible to create a subinterface or some other method so that all conferences will use the required IP addressing?

Just throwing some arrows here, if any VoIP expert can come by its appreciated. I got the router config file if needed.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What platform and IOS are you using?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, our voice gateway router is running IOS 15.2(4).

We got a couple interclustered CUCM acting in this scenario.

QoS configuration should not be driven by specific subnets, it should be driven by specific port ranges.  QoS is not something you just enable, there is a lot of considerations for it as it requires to be configured end to end (LAN and WAN) in order to work properly.  I suggest you read Cisco MediaNet 4.0 SRND (even though Cisco no longer recommends MediaNet designs) but it will give you good overview what needs to be configured for proper QoS operation, which we cannot not easily answer here.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying! I'll be sure to give the material a read.

I realize the most effective way of setting QoS is by port range, not ip addressing schemes. However, that's the way our SP does it. They asked us if we could change the IP address of all conferencing calls to the one specified (10.200.x.x) that way all VoIP packets would go through the proper queue set by them.

Is this possible? Since all conferencing calls are getting to our service provider with a public IP address set on the voice gateway interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: