Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question Mark Wildcard on Destination Pattern

Hi,

Some (but not all) of the Brazilian mobile network providers have placed an additional 9 before new mobile numbers.

The destination patterns are as below:

Mobile numbers without additional 9

[6-9].......

Mobile numbers with additional 9

9[6-9].......

Of course the problem here is if I create two seperate dial-peers for each of these they are going to conflict. I know that I could use the T wildcard: [6-9].......T but would rather not use the inter-digit timeout unless I really need to.

I think the potential solution is: 9?[6-9].......

As question mark is 1 or none of the preceding it allows for the additional 9 to be there or not.

Am I correct in assuming that the inter-digit timeout will only come into play with the proposed solution if 9 is the first digit dialed followed by 7 others (with 8 additional it matches the pattern exactly and gets forwarded immediately?)

Many thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike

Remember that the default value for the interdigit timeout is 10 seconds. Unless the default value is changed, because the call is not attempted until the timer has expired.

The User/Calling can immediately terminate the interdigit timeout by entering the # character.

In this case you can set up a Destination-Pattern more especifc and add the dollar sign ($) to the end of the destination pattern to disable variable-length matching for a dial peer:

09[5-9].......$

You can configure a Translation to strip the acces code 0, try the follow and let me know if it works:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0\(.*\)/ /\1/

!

voice translation-profile PSTN-STRIP-ACCES-CODE

translate called 1

Just for your information in the Brazil there are Mobile Phone with 5, so the correct range shold be:

09[6-9]T

09[5-9].......$

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Michael

Some customer here in Brazil chose the follows:

My old Route pattern for local calls in Sao Paulo

0.[6-9]XXXXXXX#

discard predot

I had the dia-peer

destination-pattern [6-9].......

With new digit on Mobile phone for region 11 (São Paulo), just set up the new route pattern:

Route-pattern 0.9[6-9]XXXXXXX#

discard predot

match with Dial-peer

destination-pattern 9[6-9].......

So, I think the best solution is the use the wildcard "?" mean = zero or one ocurrence of the preceding digit.

Using this way you avoid the overlapping, and other states in Brazil also will included the digit 9 in the future, currently this is done only for the city of São Paulo area code 11

There is additionally Pattern for calls to Sao Paulo from others states, like Rio de Janeiro.

There a pattern:

0.0xx119?[5-9]XXXXXXX

Currently, the user must dial 00YY119(5-9)XXXXXXX

where

00 is the access code and Long Distance calls

YY is the carrier selection code

11 is the area code for SP

9 new digit to Sao Paulo Mobile Phone

5-9 is the range of numbers for mobile in Brazil

XXXXXXX are the remaining digits

Please remember to rate helpful   responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Hi Bruno,

Many thanks for your reply, The problem is that we are using CME and not CUCM and as I understand it we cannot configure route patterns on this set-up.

We are currently using the "forward-digits" command on our dial-peers to send the correct digits but I'm guessing that this is now a problem as we will have no way of guarantying removal of the prefix as the total number of desired forwarded digits could be either 8 or 9.

Unless you or anyone else knows a way of putting a discard-pre-dot on a dial-peer without route pattern I may have to go with the 09[6-9]T approach.

It's not possible via a translation pattern is it?

Many Thanks

Hi Mike

Remember that the default value for the interdigit timeout is 10 seconds. Unless the default value is changed, because the call is not attempted until the timer has expired.

The User/Calling can immediately terminate the interdigit timeout by entering the # character.

In this case you can set up a Destination-Pattern more especifc and add the dollar sign ($) to the end of the destination pattern to disable variable-length matching for a dial peer:

09[5-9].......$

You can configure a Translation to strip the acces code 0, try the follow and let me know if it works:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0\(.*\)/ /\1/

!

voice translation-profile PSTN-STRIP-ACCES-CODE

translate called 1

Just for your information in the Brazil there are Mobile Phone with 5, so the correct range shold be:

09[6-9]T

09[5-9].......$

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Hi Bruno,

Many thanks once again - I will apply this on Monday and will of course let you know the result.

Just quickly, Could I not use the destination 09?[5-9]....... in a single dial-peer, disable prefix removal on that dial-peer and then apply your translation pattern to remove the 0?

Kind Regards,

Mike

Hello Mike

That´s correct!!!

Please remember to rate helpful   responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Sorry for the delay in getting back, the client did take their time with testing. In the end we had to go with the

09[5-9].......T solution as the digits were being processed one at a time it was matching the "09?[5-9]......." pattern exactly after the 10th digit was entered and not allowing for an 11th to be put in.

Thank you for all your help Bruno, the translation pattern did the trick with the prefix

Hi,

I am a beginner in Voice. Could someone please clarify how to use ? wildcard in CME. Because, whenever we type ? in router, it helps us with all possible commands (help list). So, how it is going to allow us to type ? wildcard. If my question sounds silly, please forgive me.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Rajeswari

Hi Rajeswari

?  Indicates that the preceding digit occurred zero or one time. Enter ctrl-v before entering ? from your keyboard.

?   Indicates that the preceding digit occurred zero or one time. Enter  ctrl-v before entering ? from your keyboard.  - See more at:  http://routerjockey.com/2009/09/08/cisco-voip-basics-cisco-dial-plans/#sthash.s9lJWq8y.dpuf
?   Indicates that the preceding digit occurred zero or one time. Enter  ctrl-v before entering ? from your keyboard.  - See more at:  http://routerjockey.com/2009/09/08/cisco-voip-basics-cisco-dial-plans/#sthash.s9lJWq8y.dpuf

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Please remember to rate helpful  responses using the stars bellow and identify helpful or correct answers .

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Hi,

Thank you very much for your clarification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: