Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on AAR

sudarsan k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a quick question on AAR. In our country DoT regulation says IP & PSTN Calls should not mix. In AAR, if i make a call to branch office, it will go in IP network, if i want to conference the call with a PSTN number, can the IP call get converted to a PSTN Call???

Thank you

PC

2 Replies 2

Not ASFAIK. AAR is used by CUCM when you have CAC that report that not enough bandwidth is available to complete the call as a VoIP call, that would trigger AAR to reroute the call to PSTN.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

I think you nees to look into geolocation. Also how you interpret your legislation if ip and pstn call should never mix conferencing would be ilegal, but I dont remember a country that prohibits this.

The restriction ia more like a PSTN should not do toll bypass through your corp IP backbone. Which is why we created geolocations and logical partions (weird feature by the way)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: