cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Call Forward No Answer on a Hunt Pilot using Unity AutoAttendant

Jim Oltman
Level 1
Level 1

I have Call Man 6.1.5.11900-13 and Unity 7.0(2) (with Exchange, but not Unified Messaging).  I have created an Auto Attendant (AA) at x1450.  When someone calls from the outside (or is transfered internally), the menu works fine.  If they press 0, they are taken to a hunt pilot (1451) for our reception staff (3 lines).  The call will ring 2 times (and a little) then go to some voicemail prompt.  I need to increase that time.  I "think" the option is under "Call manager" "system -> Service Parameters", then "server IP" and "Service:  Cisco CallManager (Active)".  Then I find "

Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward)" and finally, "Forward No Answer Timer".  It was set to default of 12.  I increased it to 25.  Does this change take affect immediately, or do I have to restart the Call Man service?  Same question goes for the Call Park Reversion Timer.

Just to give you a little more nitty gritty on the setup of the CH:

In Unity, I have the Main Menu Call Handler.  When you press 0, it directs you to another Call Handler for 'ACD_Operator'.  This then 'Yes, ring this extension' of 1451 (the Hunt Pilot).  Under 'Call Transfer' (in the ACD_Operator CH), I tell it to 'Supervise transfer' and tell it to wait for 7 rings.  Then I choose 'Ask caller' under 'If the number is busy'.  (I haven't yet tested this, as there haven't been enough callers to test the busy operation).

Is what I want to do even possible?  If the members of the Line Group associated with the Hunt Pilot don't pick up the phone, I want the call to go back into the Main menu.  How do I accomplish that?  Thanks for the assistance!

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

The "Forward No Answer Timer" will not come into play on calls

that route via the Hunt Pilot try this setting instead

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

If the call goes unanswered then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level that routes the caller to Unity;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded. 

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

The "Forward No Answer Timer" will not come into play on calls

that route via the Hunt Pilot try this setting instead

RNA Reversion Timeout

Enter a time, in seconds, after which Cisco CallManager will distribute a call to the next available or idle member of this line group or to the next line group if the call is not answered and if the first hunt option, Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List, is chosen. The RNA Reversion Timeout applies at the line-group level to all members.

Under "Line Group Configuration", you can find (and change) the "RNA Reversion Timeout" (which is by default set to 10 seconds)

If the call goes unanswered then a Forward should be applied at the "Hunt Pilot" Level that routes the caller to Unity;

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Forward Hunt Busy - When the call that is distributed through the hunt list is busy in a specific time, this field specifies how to forward the call.

Maximum Hunt Timer - Enter a value (in seconds) that specifies the maximum time for hunting.(Used in conjunction with Forward Hunt Busy)

Cheers!

Rob

This seems to have done the trick.  If someone from the Hunt Pilot doesn't pick up, can I send the caller back to the menu?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Jim,

Good stuff my friend

To get the call to route back to Unity if not answered;

On the Hunt Pilot page >

You can use the VM checkbox or enter the Unity Pilot #

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: