Views
Helpful
Replies

question with configuring jabber for high availability

nicholasacook
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I currently have an environment that has 2 CUCM's but only 1 IM&P server.  I am looking at deploying the 2nd IM&P server for redundancy and I have the steps for that and how to add the subscriber node as part of the "Presence Redundancy Group" but the part that I am scratching my head on is configuring the initial configuration of my Jabber Clients.  We currently set the following parameters in Jabber Version  12.6.1

Under Advance Settings

Select your account type: -> Cisco IM & Presence

Login Server: -> current DNS name of IM&P publisher

I did just verify that if I select "Cisco Communications Manager 9 or later", then I can specify my CUCM server, but again, it is trying to just hit one server, and would not failover to the subscriber server upon a failure of CUCM publisher (which happened to me a few months ago and is why I am working on adding a subscriber node of IM&P).  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to configure redundancy for login, stop manually configuring the clients and configure SRVs.

Once you're logged in, Jabber gets the configuration for failover to a secondary CUCM if the primary is down, if that is not working, it's not due to you manually pointing to just one server for login, but due to your CUCM group configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to configure redundancy for login, stop manually configuring the clients and configure SRVs.

Once you're logged in, Jabber gets the configuration for failover to a secondary CUCM if the primary is down, if that is not working, it's not due to you manually pointing to just one server for login, but due to your CUCM group configuration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is what I was needing to discover.  I have setup my SRV records in DNS and was able to sign in without configuring the servers.

Thank you.