Helpful
Replies

Questions about Call Manager cluster configure

Ma Xiang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

This is just some basic questions:

I have installed a call manager (6.0) cluster of one Publisher(CCM61) and one Subscriber(CCM62) ,and synchronize data between them.

I have configured a trunk between them and created a new Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group include CCM61,CCM62.

Applied the CUCM Groups to the ip telephone Device Pool.

CCM61:ip 172.16.0.2

CCM62:ip 172.16.0.3

The TFTP address on the ip phone I configured:

tftp server 1:172.16.0.2

tftp server 2:172.16.0.3

But when the Publisher(CCM61) failure , the ip phone can not be registered to the Subscriber(CCM62).

The ip phone's screen display "Registering" "Defaulting to the TFTP server".

The TFTP address on the ip telephone which need to be configured?

If shuld require additional configuration or operation, please tell me.

Thanks

bclin;11-29

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) You NEVER configure trunks between cluster members. Call routing between CUCMs happens automatically, trunks are for off-system devices or gateways.

2) The TFTP addresses on the phone are mainly used to download the initial configuration. One server will be fine in most cases (the file downloaded from either TFTP server will contain references to all the CUCMs configured for this phone), but if you have two set both the servers must have the 'TFTP' service activated.

3) For the registration fialure, check in the phone settings menu for the list of CUCMs. If the servers are listed by name, the phone must be able to use DNS to resolve the name. To work around this you can go into System/Servers in CCMAdmin and change the names to the IP address of the servers, or just set up DNS properly.

4) Also ensure that the CallManager service has been activated on the subscriber as well.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) You NEVER configure trunks between cluster members. Call routing between CUCMs happens automatically, trunks are for off-system devices or gateways.

2) The TFTP addresses on the phone are mainly used to download the initial configuration. One server will be fine in most cases (the file downloaded from either TFTP server will contain references to all the CUCMs configured for this phone), but if you have two set both the servers must have the 'TFTP' service activated.

3) For the registration fialure, check in the phone settings menu for the list of CUCMs. If the servers are listed by name, the phone must be able to use DNS to resolve the name. To work around this you can go into System/Servers in CCMAdmin and change the names to the IP address of the servers, or just set up DNS properly.

4) Also ensure that the CallManager service has been activated on the subscriber as well.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thank you!

For your posts , I think the one of CUCMs servers listed by name,so the ip phone should to use DNS to resolve.

Tomorrow , I try to add DNS.

Thanks.

Bclin;11-29

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: