Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions About upgrade CUCM 7.1.3 to 7.1.5

Hi All,

I was wondering some questions, I need to upgrade my CUCM 7.1.3 to 7.1.5, because I need some ATA's 187 to work, I've read that ATA's firmware only works under 7.1.5.

But I though that the upgrade is moke like intalling a DEV PACK, but I think is not!, I have read that I need to download the 7.1.5 Image file, I've searched en Cisco portal, but I cant find those files, those are my questions.

1.- Do I have to buy new licences in order to use 7.1.5 Software?

2.- Is "Installing" the only way to upgrade, Can't just enter to "Software/upgrade" section on CM.

3.- Is there anther way to support ATA 187 on CUCM 7.1.3?

4.- Is CISCO still selling ATA 186?.

5.- Can I download the 7.1.5 CUCM Software from CISCO.COM, can somebody tell me where?

6.- Does my hardware, "Platform Type                7845H" works for 7.1.5?

7.- Is 7.1.5.XXXXX the lastest version in order to upgrade to 8.X?

8.- How many time left for 7.1.3, 7.1.5 to live?

I just enter working here and everiting is out of dating so fast!!!

I will apreciate your answers and help, thanks for that, I'm still learning this Tecnology.!

Regards.

10x!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no

2.-  Is "Installing" the only way to upgrade, Can't just enter to  "Software/upgrade" section on CM.

That's the same, an upgrade or COP install uses the same option. And yes, you forcefully need to upgrade.

3.- Is there anther way to  support ATA 187 on CUCM 7.1.3?

no

4.- Is CISCO still selling ATA  186?.

dunno, someone else will need to answer or reach Cisco pre-sales/a reseller

5.- Can I download the 7.1.5 CUCM Software from CISCO.COM,  can somebody tell me where?

Go to download sections and follow this path:

Products Voice and Unified Communications - IP Telephony - Call Control Cisco - Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) - Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.1 - Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Updates

A valid CCO with enough privileges is required. If you don't have one there's no way to download it.

6.- Does my hardware, "Platform Type                 7845H" works for 7.1.5?

It will probably be supported but that's not enough info you're giving.

Supported Servers for Releases of Cisco Unified  Communications Manager, Cisco Intercompany Media Engine and Session  Manager Edition

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

7.- Is 7.1.5.XXXXX the  lastest version in order to upgrade to 8.X?

On 7.1 train, yes.

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp43011

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no

2.-  Is "Installing" the only way to upgrade, Can't just enter to  "Software/upgrade" section on CM.

That's the same, an upgrade or COP install uses the same option. And yes, you forcefully need to upgrade.

3.- Is there anther way to  support ATA 187 on CUCM 7.1.3?

no

4.- Is CISCO still selling ATA  186?.

dunno, someone else will need to answer or reach Cisco pre-sales/a reseller

5.- Can I download the 7.1.5 CUCM Software from CISCO.COM,  can somebody tell me where?

Go to download sections and follow this path:

Products Voice and Unified Communications - IP Telephony - Call Control Cisco - Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) - Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 7.1 - Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Updates

A valid CCO with enough privileges is required. If you don't have one there's no way to download it.

6.- Does my hardware, "Platform Type                 7845H" works for 7.1.5?

It will probably be supported but that's not enough info you're giving.

Supported Servers for Releases of Cisco Unified  Communications Manager, Cisco Intercompany Media Engine and Session  Manager Edition

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

7.- Is 7.1.5.XXXXX the  lastest version in order to upgrade to 8.X?

On 7.1 train, yes.

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp43011

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

The answeres Java gave is perfect.

For Point 4:

The 186 Series (L1 and L2) are end of sale and the replacement is 187

But for point 7 :

You can't upgrade from 7.1.5 to 8.0X but you can upgrade to 8.5

Check the upgrade Path's

Amer

Hi Javalenc,
I really apreciate your answers and also to everyone who helped me , 5 stars to everyone and best answer to Javalenc, your information is helpful.

Thanks!

kent.roberts
Level 1
Level 1

The above is not correct.  You can not go to CUCM 8 from 7.15 there is no upgrade path, nor will there be, some of the changes in 7.15 cause a problem with 8.0x so the is no upgrade path.  You will have to goo to  8.5 if you go to 7.15.   We ran in to this same issue with the ATA's   we had to settle on the vg202s for a while. 

Here is a link to the upgrade path, you will not find 7.15 as a jump to 8.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp83151

jwils0320
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a little late but could be helpful to future visitors to this post. The ATA 187 works fine on CUCM 7.1.3. Just download the most recent cop file and install it then do a reboot. If you don't reboot it will not work. Here is the link to the most recent cop file.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283118514&flowid=16101&softwareid=282074215&release=9.2(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest