cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

questions of voice gateway and cucm publisher

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Correction, I mean 2901 not the 2921. Will 2901 be able to be both a voice gateway for PSTN and normall router for data?

hey, there

I have a remote site deployment coming up and we bought a 2921 router as voice gateway for the 24 local phones. I am thinking to use it also as router on site to talk back to hq. so we donot have to buy another gateway for the new branch. Will this be recommended from performance standpoint? we are using mgcp with srst on local gateways.

I also have another question about cucm. the hq has 2 cucm ( 1 subscriber and 1 publisher). we are planning to add another subscriber into cluster as company growth and also better call processing redundancy. but how should I implement publisher redundancy?

thanks,

Shuai

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can only have 1 publisher in the cluster, that is how the Informix DB works. If and when your publisher fails, it will need to replaced/restored.

If you register your remote phones on sub1 and backup/fail over to sub2, that would give you full redundancy. If you are using SRST as backup locally, personally I wouldnt bother using MGCP at all, because you will still need to configure dial peers. just use H323 on your gateway.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gavenm10240
Level 1
Level 1

2921 router

This will work just fine for 24 local phone

how should I implement publisher redundancy?

My take would be a 1:2

1 x Pub

2 x Sub

So the 2921 router is fine as router for data traffic and also a voice gateway to PSTN?

What I mean by publish redudancy is: if the publish went down for whatever reason, I have a backup publish kick in automatically. I know 1:1 and 2:1 redundancy setup but I never saw any information about just publish redundancy.

You can only have 1 publisher in the cluster, that is how the Informix DB works. If and when your publisher fails, it will need to replaced/restored.

If you register your remote phones on sub1 and backup/fail over to sub2, that would give you full redundancy. If you are using SRST as backup locally, personally I wouldnt bother using MGCP at all, because you will still need to configure dial peers. just use H323 on your gateway.

So I just have to backup the publisher, in case restore is needed.

We have been using MGCP for HQ and other 2 branches. So we probably just keep it for now.

Thanks,.

You want to backup your whole cluster and not just the PUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: