Replies

questions on route group

karthik ratna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

MGCP gateway

Route group distribution: Top down

In this type, calls will go to top to down , i.e.., covering all 30 channels in E1 line and passing to another E1 line, is it correct?

If yes, how to change the behaviour to pass a first call to 1E1 line and next call to another E1 line, is their any parameters to change to achive this?

Please guide.

3 Replies 3

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Karthik,

Did you take a look at circular distribution algorithm?

• Top Down—If you choose this distribution  algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to  idle or available members starting from the first idle or available  member of a route group to the last idle or available member.
  • Circular—If you  choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager  distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a route group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco Unified Communications Manager most recently extended a call. If the nth  member is the last member of a route group, Cisco Unified  Communications Manager distributes a call starting from the top of the  route group.
  • HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi,

I think karthik is looking for a load-balancing between E1s. If that is the case you can use: distribution  Algorithm-> Longest Idle Time.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts

Harmit Singh
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

Hi leosalcie,

I think you are referring to hunt group and not route group :-) There is no such option for route groups.

Regards,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: