cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions regarding CDR Logs

Jordan Rudess
Level 1
Level 1

- What does the ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€ actually represent?  We assume it is the ID of the Publisher or Subscriber, is this correct?

- Why would some Pubs/Subs  output data to the CDR logs and others not output CDR log data?  For example, we might have CUSTOMER A and they have a publisher and 4 subscribers, and we see 5 ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€ā€™s in the CDR data, but CUSTOMER B might have the same # of Pubs/Subs and we might only see 3 ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€ā€™s in their data.  Why is this?

TIA,

Jordan

Message was edited by: Jordan Rudess - questions bumped & updated for clarity

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
globalCallID_callManagerId is a unique Call Manager Identifier. Each Call Manager will have a unique globalCallID_callManagerId.

globalCallID_callManagerId relates to the CCM where the originating call leg was initiated.

View solution in original post

Hi Jordan,

You are most correct my friend

If a Sub is not generating call records you won't see

the globalCallID_callManagerId's in the CDR's.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
globalCallID_callManagerId is a unique Call Manager Identifier. Each Call Manager will have a unique globalCallID_callManagerId.

globalCallID_callManagerId relates to the CCM where the originating call leg was initiated.

Thanks for the response so far! I think I need to rephrase my first question a bit. A Cisco Cluster can have many ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€ ā€˜s, so what determines how many ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€ ā€˜s  show up in the CDR log files?

Thanks again!

I think it depends on the CUCM version. If I remember well:

With CUCM 4.x, any server running the CCM service has one ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€

With later versions, any CUCM server has one ā€œglobalCallID_callManagerIdā€

/bump

Updated questions for clarity!

Hi Jordan,

A couple of things come to mind here;

Check if the CDR Enabled Flag is enabled in CallManager service parameters. Also

maybe there are no phones registered to the 4th and 5th CUCM's in your second

scenario.

This is an excellent doc

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14548

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for your reply! So would it be safe to assume (in my 2nd question) that there could simply be a subscriber that may be doing, just as an example, performing as an auto attendant and nothing more - and that would be the reason for the lack of globalCallID_callManagerId's in the CDR? I haven't gone this far in configuring yet (test lab) so I'm not 100% sure if that's what could cause this.

Thanks again!

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

You are most correct my friend

If a Sub is not generating call records you won't see

the globalCallID_callManagerId's in the CDR's.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you very much for  your responses/help!

PS - I noticed your avatar - grats to Iginla for yet another 30 goal year. And I hope my Flyers can get out of this slump fast - what a horrific past few games .