cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"cp-8800-a-kem =" Is it possible to change the background image?

juhyungu
Level 1
Level 1

"cp-8800-a-kem =" Is it possible to change the background image?

We will use 'CP8861' model phone and 'CP-8800-A-KEM' expansion module.

Can I change the background of 'cp-8800-A-KEM' as well?

Here is the content of the'List.xml' file.
If I can change the background of the extension module, what should I add?

ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x480x24/test_BG_TN.png"
URL="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/test_BG.png"

5 Replies 5

Customized KEM wallpapers

1. Upload pictures to CUCM TFTP server. The picture’s resolution matches the directory. The pictures need to have the same name in all directories.. Example: cisco1.png.

Desktops/800x480x24 --- for main phone screen wallpaper
Desktops/320x480x24 --- for the new 8800-A/V-KEM wallpaper Desktops/272x480x24 --- for BEKEM wallpaper

1. Restart TFTP. On a new Common Phone Profile, uncheck “Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image Setting. For “Background Image” put wallpaper (i.e., cisco1.png)

2. Apply Common Phone Profile to the phone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/white-paper-c11-740036.pdf

Response Signature

Is it required to modify the List.xml file for BEKEM image? If yes, whats the format?

If you apply using Common Phone Profile, no need to use List.xml

Response Signature

How can I do this without using CUCM? I have an SMG station and configure phones only through .xml files. I want to set a different background image on the cp-8800-A-KEM add-on module, because the logo overlaps the speed dial names.

Were you ever able to get this working? I seem to be running into the same issues and the above doesn't appear to be working.