cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"No valid upgrade options were found" Error when Attempting to Upload .cop file

Tanner Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Running CUCM 11.0.1 and while trying to upload a .cop file for a new device type we receive the error "No valid upgrade options were found" and shows "Name does not match any filter pattern". It shows the time the file was last modified at the Option Name.

See attachment. File name is "cmterm-MH_iOS_11.0v1-SIP.k3.cop.sgn" (Also removed .sgn on the SFTP and the result was the same)

cmterm-MH_iOS_11.0v1-SIP.k3.cop.GIF

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Has ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn been installed on the cluster already so it trusts the new RSA key pair? Anything with “k3” in the filename instead of “k9” needs that COP.
https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282204704/18582/RSA3ver4.pdf

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) What SFTP Software are you using. Make sure the SFTP Root directory is pointing to the folder where you have COP File. NO Need to modify the cop file name.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Has ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn been installed on the cluster already so it trusts the new RSA key pair? Anything with “k3” in the filename instead of “k9” needs that COP.
https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282204704/18582/RSA3ver4.pdf

This is also what we were finding in our research as well. We plan to install it in the next couple of days. Thank you!

10.x and above already have those keys installed by default, that file is only required on systems below 10.x that didn't include the keys.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can these keys be found under TFTP File Management in OS Admin?

I am not seeing anything that would be related to the k3 cop file.

I also noticed in CSCua88701 that it doesn't outline 11.0.1.24900-2 specifically as a fixed release. We recently upgraded to this version last fall as well

No, because they are already in the OS, just as there was another key in 9.x and below you used, without even knowing.

If you lacked those keys, they would NOT prevent you from seeing the file on the TFTP, it would error out during the actual install process when it tried to validate the file actually came from Cisco and was signed with that key.

CUCM 11.0.1 only accepts .cop files signed by the RSA version 3 keys.
CSCuv73972
HTH

java

That makes sense. Does this point to an issue with how CUCM is reading the filename off the SFTP server? Or the SFTP server itself?

I've validated I'm reaching the correct folder on the SFTP server as if I add or remove files from the folder and search for valid upgrade options, I see more or less invalid upgrade options only showing the last modified time as shown in my initial screenshot.

If you've validated that you are indeed able to read from the right directory, then the problem might be the file itself, there are some rules in the naming of the files that are used to validate the file is for CUCM, I'd reach out to whoever gave you that file and make sure the name of the file was not modified, if it was, that's most likely the reason CUCM is not recognizing it.

That doesn't seem to be a file you can just download, so also make sure that is indeed meant to be used with your CUCM version.

HTH

java

We have tried other previously used and known working files and seem to have the same issue. It's a file from a 3rd party to create new devices that can be logging into using digest credentials but has been validated for CUCM 11.x.

We plan to install the K3 tomorrow and will report back the results.

It was found that there was an issue with the SFTP server we were using and we were able to upload the file using a different one. Version 3 keys was not required
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: