cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"No valid upgrade options were found" message on CUCM-Pub while installing 8831 phone firmware

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello all,

I have this weird issue - I tried to install newer 8831 phone firmware file on CUCM 10.5 cluster.

I have successfully installed on CUCM-sub. The CUCM Pub shows " No valid upgrade options were found" while installing 8831 phone firmware.

CUCM Cluster version: 10.5 ; 1 Pub and 1 Sub

Firmware Installation procedure:

https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/118220/cmterm-8831-sip.9-3-3-TO-10-3-1-v2-readme.html

Any thoughts?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Master001

9 Replies 9

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3
Are you certain you are using the cop file and not the zip file for the upgrade?
Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Hi ,

Make sure the cop file is lying in correct path where sftp is running.

regds,

aman

It is .cop file.  The SFTP path is correct -  I have successfully installed the firmware on CUCM-SUB in the same cluster via same method ( i.e. SFTP server). And this is really confusing me. 

Master001

Interesting....really seems like an SFTP server issue. File path like Aman stated.
Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

Once you put cop file path in sftp in Create a new folder (admin) puts that cop file in admin folder then you are able to upgrade.

Thanks..

Regards

Sadav Ansari

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Below may be possible causes

1) The file you downloaded is not COP file or is missing the extension .cop
2) The file is not placed in correc path i.e root of SFTP.
3) The FTP server itself is having an issue try with free FTP

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Santosh Mohite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry this is quite old post but did you manage to resolve the issue on Publisher? I am having same issue where I can successfully installed firmware on Subscriber but Publisher is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Santosh

I

10.x and above already have those keys installed by default, that file is only required on systems below 10.x that didn't include the keys.

If below 10.x

What SFTP Software are you using. Make sure the SFTP Root directory is pointing to the folder where you have COP File. NO Need to modify the cop file name.