Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Temp Fail" with BLF Speed Dial + Call Pickup

Good day All,

I am running CUCM version 8.6.2 and many IP Phones 7962G.

I have a Manager configured with extension 1001 and his PA with extension 1002. Both extensions are configured in the same Call Pickup Group.

On the PA IP Phone, the second button is configured as a BLF Speed Dial with Call Pickup for the Manager.

When someone calls the Manager, she can see that the Manager Line is ringing but when she press the button in order to pick up that calls, she hear a busy tone and the IP Phone display a message that says "Temp Fail". I have checked every thing on both IP Phones and all seems to be correct. Am I missing something may be?

When I changed the Manager Line from 1001 to 1003, in the same Call Pickup Group, thats works fine. She is able to pick up calls for 1003. But on the CUCM Server, there is no such difference between extension 1001 and 1003.

Please advise.

Warm regards,

J. Kabundi.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

s.angelmahr
Level 1
Level 1

Which PickUp group they belong doesn't matter, don't need to be the same for the BLF PickUp Feature.

But if they are in the same group as you mentioned: Can the pickup via the normal PickUp Softkey?

If changing only the Number makes it working i think you may have a problem with the DNs/Partitions. Ever renamed the partition? Try deleting the manager DN, remove the unassigned number from your server, and add it again.

If it still doesn't work... i would restart the whole server if possible.

Regards,

Sven

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please check all the DNs you need not in different pickup groups

s.angelmahr
Level 1
Level 1

Which PickUp group they belong doesn't matter, don't need to be the same for the BLF PickUp Feature.

But if they are in the same group as you mentioned: Can the pickup via the normal PickUp Softkey?

If changing only the Number makes it working i think you may have a problem with the DNs/Partitions. Ever renamed the partition? Try deleting the manager DN, remove the unassigned number from your server, and add it again.

If it still doesn't work... i would restart the whole server if possible.

Regards,

Sven

Good day,

I have checked every thing in terms of Partitions, Call Pickup Group, etc. All is correct.

I have resolved the issue by removing the Manager extension 1001 from his current Call Pick Group and set it as . The save the config on the IP Phone and reset the IP Phone.

Then I re-configured the same line again 1001 in the same Call Pickup Group. I saved the config and reset the IP Phone and all start working without any problem.

Warm regards,

Johnny Kabundi.

Hello Johnny,

I am facing the same issue, so I did the procedure as you have did but still not working. I  was checking the service parameters and all BLF options is disable per default. Should I enable them? These option follow below:

BLF Pickup Audio Alert Setting of Idle Station

BLF Pickup Audio Alert Setting of Busy Station

BLF Status Depicts DND

Please could help me?

Thanks

MC

Thanks for that tip Johnny!

The Call Pickup with BLF (in same Call Pickup Group) was working fine. Reception phone could pickup the calls to the 2 Exec phone with one button push on the sidecard and they were very happy - until it 'suddenly stopped working'.

Now, when the flash amber BLF button was pressed, only 'temp fail' was displayed on the 8851 Reception phone LCD.

I checked the line configuration, all DNs were members of the same Call Pickup Group, BLF-SD had Call Pickup 'checked' - in fact nothing on the CUCM config had changed.

I removed the Call Pickup from the 8851 Reception phone DN. Apply Config, then Reset the phone.

I added the Call Pickup back to the same DN on the same 8851 Reception phone (!). Apply Config, then Rest the phone.

And guess wot?

Call Pickup now works when the Reception presses the amber flashing BLF button of the Exec's phone.

:-)

Time for a well earned cuppa tea, me thinks.

ChrisO

i have the same problem, do you know if it is a specific BUG?

is there any CUCM release that solves?

BYE

Giovanni