Views
Helpful
Replies

"Voice Mail System is unavailable; try again later." on CUE

Kynnzak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Yesterday I converted a CME v8.1 (2921 router) from a SIP trunk to a PRI feed.  After successfully having tested inbound/outbound, etc. I packed up and on my way back to the office, the customer calls and says voicemail is no longer working.  I called in, and sure enough, this is the message that plays:

"Voice Mail System is       unavailable; try again later.  For operator, press "0".

This happens whether you call into a DiD and they don't answer, or if you press the VM button from a phone.

I have compared the configuration on this router to other CME routers I have done to discover that the configuration is sound (or at least identical to other working configurations).  I have reloaded both router and ISM-SRE-300-K9 modules, all to no avail.

I've ran debugs of trying to access VM from the button on the phone, as well as calling into a DiD.  CME and CUE configs are attached, as well as the debug.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kevin,

One of the major reason for this error is, the number of mailbox configured in CUE had exceeded the licensed mail boxes. Try deleting unused mail boxes or increase the license units to fix it.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

show voicemail usage did not work for me.

VRouter#show voicemail usage
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

VRouter#show voice mail usage
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

VRouter#show voice?
voice

BUT THIS POST SAVED MY LIFE!  THE CUSTOMER REPORTED THIS 5 MINUTES BEFORE QUITTING TIME.  THIS POST GOT ME OUT OF THE JAM AND THEIR SITE BACK UP AND RUNNING. DELETED TWO VOICEMAIL BOXES (ON GUI. I WAS THINKING CLI AFTER READING THIS POST. WOULD HAVE SAVED ME SOME TIME IF YOU SAID TO DELETE THE VOICEMAIL BOXES USING THE GUI) AND THE SITE WAS REACHABLE AGAIN.

THANKS ALL!

Kynnzak
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Customer exceeded VM license count ( I have not idea how CUE allows them to create more VM boxes than they're licensed for).  I deleted one and they're back in business.

Joshua Gilmet
Level 1
Level 1

A great way to diagnose this issue without deleting voicemail boxes is to issue the following command.

show voicemail usage

If you get the following output you know you have exceeded the license. This way you don't have to delete vm boxes to figure out if you're hitting this issue.

***Voicemail disabled: There are more mailboxes in the system than allowed by t
he current license count***