Views
Helpful
Replies

"Xfer failed" Cisco 504G

kteasley23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have done our first VoIP deployment using Cisco 504G SIP phones, connected to an ESW520 8 port PoE Switch with a 1721 doing the routing over a 6M DSL connection.  We can make and receive calls fine, the problem comes in when we attempt to transfer calls to an inner office extension.

Example:

Call comes in and asks to speak with someone else.  Operator presses the "xfer" softkey, dials extension.  The extension rings and is answered.  Operator then proceeds to press the "xfer" softkey again to send the call through.  Operator sees "Xfer failed" on her phone.  The caller is still on hold, repeat, same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this issue?  If we reboot both the router and switch transferring works for a short period of time, then it stops and we receive the "Xfer failed" message on the display.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Replies 2

Jack Germanos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There I am encountering a similar issue with a single site using the following:

1 x Cisco SRP 527WU Modem router
1 x Cisco SPA508G

I have registered the SIP trunk with Engin. I too get the transfer failed. I tried attended transfer and BXFER both transfers fail...

Is there something I am missing with the dial plan or configuration settings???

My sip provider allows for more than 4 concurrent calls so it is not a line issue... Any thoughts advice or solutions would be appreciated
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wrong forum, post in "small business voice - SPA phones'.