Views
Helpful
Replies

R-CBE6K-K9 vs R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 licensing model

fvazquez80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm confused about ordering add-on license users for BE6K. What is the diference ordering R-CBE6K-K9 vs  R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 ?

If i have a BE6K Rls 9.x  and I have ordered licenses using the  R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 top level SKU, does these licenses will be functional? is it the same behavior for BE6K 10.x?

I'm really concerned for all the licenses ordered previously..!! :(

Please your help.

Fernando

10 Replies 10

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, fvazquez80.

The R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 is a indeed a top level SKU for both 9.X and 10.X and the license should be functional. Have you already purchased the license that you need through your vendor? Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Hi adawa, thks a lot for your answer. 

Yes I already bought these licenses. I have no additional concerns, I just wanted to be sure the licenses I've had bought where functional.

Cheers.!!

Hi Adawa,

Which option is better?
Is there any Doc explaining this
R-CBE6K-K9 vs R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9

Hi ,

R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 was introduced at first for ordering Call Manager Licenses in general.

Then with introduction of the Business Edtion 6000 by Cisco , they introduced the new R-CBE6K-K9 specifically for the BE6K solution.

Both the part numbers will give the same licenses and same price.

Since your environment is a BE6K , use the R-CBE6K-K9.

Hope this helps,

not true if the price is the same. After investigation, the price is different:

R-UCL-UCM-UPG-K9
UPG-CUCM-ESS-USR-A $15
CON-ECMU-UPGCUCMA $8.05

VS

R-CBE6K-K9
UPG-6K-ESS $10
CON-ECMU-UCMESSUC $5

The parts you've quoted are specifically for out of contract upgrades from v8.x or earlier, to v11.x.   If that's what you're doing then that's fine.  If you want to just add more users, and don't have existing obsolete licences to upgrade, the top level part for generic UCL is "R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9". 

In general the licence purchase prices are the same for the same licence types, but support costs for some BE6K licences are lower.   Caveat any comment of mine about pricing EMEA and may be different in other parts of the world.

in my case, my customer is still in version 8.x and the contract is not active. want to upgrade to v12.x.
I am confused that there are 2 SKU upgrade options, which are to use "R-UCL-UCM-UPG-K9" or "R-CBE6K-K9" ? Because the price is different.

the sku you mentioned "R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9" is different what i mean " "R-UCL-UCM-UPG-K9". I know the sku you mean to add an additional new license.

The basic question is whether the software is going to be installed on a BE6000 server or not.  If the answer is "Yes", then start with the R-CBE6K-K9 top level part.   For BE6000 also check whether you're better ordering one of the starter packs for the first 35 users as normally that's more cost effective than upgrades.

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Which option is better?

Mujeeb Shaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Trust you are doing well,

Even I have this issue,

we ordered the following:

BE6M-M4-K9=

along with it:

R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9

If it works then fine, let me know if there is a chance of any issue arising and if we should instead order :

R-CBE6K-K9.

Thank you,

Mujeeb