cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio / streaming music when idle

Jakub Stroinski
Level 4
Level 4

I have a client that insists on streaming music to their new IP phones like with their old Nortel system

I have suggested online radio etc but it doesn't seem like they are interested in changing their ways

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call Manger call this Fixed music on hold, and can be configured under media resources.

ONe thing you have to remember is, that it is based on multicasting, so you underlying network will need to support multicast routing

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Can I play this over the speaker of the phone when the phone is not in a call? Not just when a caller is on hold?

I dont think so, this type of MOH gets invoked when a phone is being put on hold. what you are asking is a whole different cattle of fish, and is more related to Intercom-like functionality like informacast.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

If your CUCM is virtualized then you can't use Fixed MOH.

You can use third party multicast streamers and configure call manager to use the same multicast stream.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/media.html#pgfId-1153888

-Atul

-do rate helpful posts-

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've heard that before, there's no native way in CUCM to do that, they clearly need to understand that there are pros and cons when changing vendors. 

As far as I can remember, I believe someone said that might be possible with custom programming and building an ip phone service to plug into a multicast stream. I'm not even sure that's possible as I do not deal with custom applications.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate