Views
Helpful
Replies

RAID battery replacement instructions for MCS 7845I3-K9-CMC server

umms_383133
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Can someone point me to a document detailing RAID battery replacement instructions for MCS 7845I3-K9-CMC server? Not having much luck online.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Performing Failed RAID Disk Replacement Without Restart

Perform the following procedure to replace a failed RAID disk for these specific servers:

• MCS-7835-H2
  • MCS-7835-I2
  • MCS-7845-H2
  • MCS-7845-I2
  • MCS-7835-I3
  • MCS-7845-I3
  • DL-380-G6

Procedure

1. Log in to the console as an Administrator and enter show hardware CLI command.
  2. Check the status of the logical drives. Perform one of the following:
    • If the logical drive status is OK or Optimal, you need not perform any further action.
    • If the logical drive status is not OK, check the physical disk status, as described in Step 3.
  3. Enter the show hardware CLI command again and perform one of the following:
    • If none of the physical disks displays the status as "Failed", you need not perform any further action.
    • If the logical drive status is not OK or Optimal, and any physical disk displays as "Failed", identify the physical disk on the server as follows.
    The LED color of the failed disk will be in amber or red.
    Note

You must perform step 2 to verify the logical RAID drive status and then perform step 3 to verify the physical disk status.

To replace the failed drive and rebuild the RAID, continue with Step 4.
  4. Pull the failed disk from the slot.
  5. Enter the CLI command show hardware to ensure that the current number of physical disks is reported.
    It reports:
    • On a 7835 class of server, only one physical disk in the show hardware CLI command output.
    • On a 7845 class of server, only three physical disks in the show hardware CLI command output.
  6. Replace the empty slot on the failed disk with a new disk that is of the same type, of same manufacturer, and of the same size as that of the original disk. For example, Western Digital.
  7. Ensure the new replacement disk is inserted all the way in.
  8. Run the show hardware CLI command to ensure that the newly inserted physical disk has been detected.
    It reports:
    • On a 7835 class of server, only two physical disks in the show hardware CLI command output.
    • On a 7845 class of server, only four physical disks in the show hardware CLI command output.
  9. If the correct disks are not reported, pull out the new disk and repeat from Step 5.
  10. To check the RAID rebuild status, perform the following steps:
    1. Check the LED on the disk. When the rebuild completes successfully, the LED changes from flashing amber to green.
    2. Check the status of the physical disk by entering the show hardware CLI command. A "State Optimal" message appears under the Logical Drives Information section.
    3. Check a generated syslog. To generate a syslog, see the "Schedule trace collection" topic in the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool Administration Guide. A "Rebuild complete" message appears.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/trouble/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_TF878734_00_troubleshooting-guide-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_TF878734_00_troubleshooting-guide-cucm-91_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TP_FC6EB4D9_00

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: