Views
Helpful
Replies

Random IP phones login EXT Mobility but profile didn't load

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am facing a problem with IP Phones 7821 and 8851 IP Phones that when some users login through extension, they login successfully but profile doesn't load until they restart the phone and login again and sometimes phones are hanging and no button respond

CUCM 11.5

2 Nodes 1 PUB & SUB

EXT Mobility is pointing to PUB IP

Users have problems is in PUB Site

I tried to upgrade the firmware and downgrade but the problem still exist

The NTP was unsynchronized but I change it to IOS and get synchronized but still occurs randomly

14 Replies 14

Do you have 794x and 796x phones to test if you face the same problem.?
Which SU are you using?

Unfortunately I don't have both

7821 firmware : sip78xx.11-5-1SR1-1.loads

System version: 11.5.1.10000-6

Hi Ahmed,

I would suggest you to upgrade your IP Phones firmware to the latest available which is 12.5.1.

That should fix your issue

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

jonnygomes
Level 1
Level 1

I am also facing some login issue on my router. I have visited https://netgearroutersupportnumber.com/how-to-reset-recover-change-netgear-router-password-or-login/ for more suggestion.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You may check if the User Locale that is associated with the login-user or Profile is the same as the locale or device, after a successful login,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Can u explain more please @George Sotiropoulos

Go to CUCM Admim Page->Device->Phone->Device InformationDeviceInfo.png

Also, go to User Management->End User and check the following:

UserInfo.png

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I am using user locale none on both

I upgraded firmware to 12.5 and will put them under monitoring

Can anyone help me with this case

I still have the problem

@Mohammed al Baqari

Let me ask a question, and I don't mean offense with it, if your ExtMob IP service is pointing to the Publisher, can I assume that the Extension Mobility Service is only running on the Publisher (and not the Subscriber)?

Also, is your ExtMob IP Phone service pointing to the publisher by IP address or via FQDN?

Maren

I had two sites (Cluster over wan), I made two extension mobility services one point to publisher IP and one backup point to SUB IP but all users in two sites log with main EXT Mobility, I use backup only in the sub site when the wan is down

Users in SUB site work normally with main EXT MOB service but the problem happens in PUB site with mainly 7821 random IP Phones and sometimes 8865 also

I tried many firmwares but still exists @Maren Mahoney

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple of things you can try

1) Try to create an Additional EM Service Pointing to Subscriber and assign it to few phones and test.

2) Try to find if same phone face the issue again and again OR is is specific time of day like during peak hours such issue occurs. I am suspecting some a network slowness at that time might cause the issue.

3) Is there any Firewall Between IP Phones and CUCM. If yes then I would suggest try disabling HTTP/HTTPS inspection and test the same.

Thanks,

Haris

I already have redundant phone service points to SUB

This problem happens in the start of the day when all users try to login morning, Do you think this may cause a problem?

and then what is the solution of this ? @HARIS_HUSSAIN

I tried all possible solutions mentioned

Can anyone help me ?

some phones hang and stuck in resetting after successful login and no button is responding until restart IP Phone

@HARIS_HUSSAIN @Maren Mahoney @George Sotiropoulos