cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random no dial-tone on mgcp vg350

lilljarrell
Level 1
Level 1

Installing 5 new VG350,s, have 2 installed and randomly they have no dial-tone. I have practically read thru all the discussion on VG's and found this same problem using SCCP & in fact changed the In Hold-Queue to 300. I have 2 i had to put back on my old VGs, other times i can shut/no shut the voice port. Updated IOS-running newer code 15.2(4)M8. I currently use default on the voice-ports, thought i would try posting on here before opening a TAC case. 

I have opened a TAC at the beginning, I had lots of NDT, i replaced the 72FXS module, rebooted the device. Any ideas? 

Thx

20 Replies 20

Hmm,

We always use sccp for the analog vg'sif it has faxes on it we put these ports on SIP for the T.38 support.

The hold queue thing solved it for US.

Maybe worth a try to put it on sccp.

Paste the running config into a file in flash as a backup and enable sccp

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4

I know this is old.  Anyone try this?

config t

interface gig 0/0

hold-queue 300 in

Gi0/0 is my LAN interface/SCCP bound.

Nathan,

In my case it was because i had a loopback bound to sccp because we usd ospf for ha.

The hold-queue command needs then to be on both lan interfases to handle the burst of registraton messsges on top of all the other traffic.

Kind regards,

Peter 

Did you have to reboot the VG for the change to take effect ? 

JohnKou
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with a VG420-144

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
ip address 10.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
negotiation auto
hold-queue 300 in

That's my current config and all seems to be working well.

JohnKou
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with a VG420.

changed the In Hold-Queue to 300 worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: