Random users do not get VM delivered to Outlook

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Evereyone

Using:

Cisco Unity Connection version: 9.1.2.10000-10

Office 365 - Outlook Online using Exchange 2013

We have some Unity subscribers that are not getting their VM delivered to their email, these are just a few subscribers, around 3 or 4 of about 800 users.

We are assuming that since the bulk of users get their VM as expected the Unified Communication and SMTP configs on Unity are OK.

We have tried deleting the user and re-adding it, when testing the Unified settings we do get positive results. When we resync the user nothing gets delivered to the voice mail.

I gathered some sync traces using RTMT (they show Unity sync-ing the VM mailbox with their email box). I do have some problems getting the SMTP server trace to start, help here would also be great.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

What is the size of these user's mailbox? If its larger than 2Gb, enable Paging and see if this helps. I would enable Paging anyways just to make sure. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/unified_messaging/guide/9xcucumgx/9xcucumg020.html#40623

Please rate useful posts.

George

We have a 25GB for one and 50GB capacity on a couple of accounts.

I was also informed that our sysadmin guys tried the actions below -

Saved a users email to PST (6K messages) deleted the email account from the online exchange, re-added account, it worked OK with both new and old VM messages, then they added the PST file back to the email account, the user didn't get any more VM notifications afterwards.

I will try the changes as soon as I'm allowed to, I will post the results as soon as I can.

Thanks

Ya it sounds more like the paging issue. 

Please rate useful posts.