cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: cisco 7811 firmware upgarde and web access

elm2000
Level 1
Level 1

I can ping the phone IP address, but browsing the phone IP is not working. it looks like web access is disabled by default.

if this is the case ( web access is disabled) I wonder if this type of phones can only be managed with management software, so we cannot change the phone setting like enabling web access with an alternative way? if there is no way, so in this case I need to get another model of Phone. is there any new model of cisco phone that does not need a central management console and we can configure them with simply browsing the phone IP it self? the same as old SPA phones?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to register them to a Cisco call control, no, management comes from CUCM or CME.

If you want them for a 3rd party PBX, yes, buy a 78xx or 88xx 3pcc model and they have an admin GUI

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I already have 7811 and as I posted in this page, I cannot access the web page with the phone IP. looks like the web access is disabled. what should I do when I do not want to use a central management ... ?

phone screen shows it is registering and no progress. it gets the IP from DHCP.

You would need to manually create all the configuration files the phone would expect from CUCM/CME, place them in a TFTP, and point the phone to it (and for clarification, I assume you have a phone with enterprise FW, and you will NOT get a configuration GUI, you get a view only GUI).

Search for posts regarding cisco ip phone registration to 3rd party PBX for references.

HTH

java

is there any available cisco phone which does not need a central management and I can individually configure the phone with browsing the IP address. I used to have the old version of cisco phone which configured this way.

Yes, as I already mentioned, a 3PCC model will have that 

HTH

java

@elm2000 wrote:

is there any available cisco phone which does not need a central management and I can individually configure the phone with browsing the IP address. I used to have the old version of cisco phone which configured this way. 

Listen to what Java said.  

It's either get a new phone, from Cisco Start as an example, and configure using the GUI. 

Otherwise, you'll need to prepare the following: 

1.  SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml (search this forum for examples); 

2.  Dialplan.cnf (search this forum for examples); 

3.  Firmware for the phone; 

4.  TFTP server; and

5.  DHCP option 150

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: