cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-Download Cisco CUCM ITL file to phones

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

How can I force a phone to reach out and download its ITL file again? 

10 Replies 10

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Delete the ITL Files from IP Phone to force it to re download.

If you want to do it for all the Phone you can also use enterprise parameter Prepare Cluster to Migrated to Pre8.0 CUCM Just enable it reset all phone and then disable it to download the ITL Files again. . IT will reset all phone and delete the CTL/ITL Files.

Don't forget to rate and mark correct as applicable<<<<==

No, that parameter only creates a blank/empty ITL, the CTL is not affected by it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I could enable this but I heard it break EM, is that true?

"enterprise parameter Prepare Cluster to Migrated to Pre8.0 CUCM"

Once This Parameter is Enabled EM Will Not Work as long as it is enabled. Once we Disable it EM will continue to Work

Any How as we are Enabling Parameter and Disabling it after all phones are reset impact will be only for that duration.. 

If you plan it during a downtime it will not break anything.

>>Don't forget to Mark Helpful or accept as solution if found so.

Something about this doesn’t make sense. A phone downloads the ITL every time it boots. If it’s not accepting a new ITL it’s because you have broken trust continuity.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116232-technote-sbd-00.html

As for Phone VPN and the Alternate TFTP servers: all you are doing is manually inputting the internal IP addresses of your TFTP nodes to the phone manually. The same addresses it gets from DHCP Option 150 when on-net. If the phone fails to get a config file with alternate TFTP while on-net you have an ITL problem above. If it’s not working while connected over VPN then your ASA is misconfigured (eg firewall rules, NAT, protocol inspection).

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5
The following doc would be handy and help you in future. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116232-technote-sbd-00.html#anc12 Pls take care of information in "Restrictions and Interactions" section. Regards... Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why do you need to do this? If you give us a clearer picture we might be able to provide a more accurate response

Please rate all useful posts

I need this for remote VPN phone using SSL VPN, the phone have an ITL file but won't grab config with alternate TFTP enabled or when I reset and put back alternate TFTP it won't grab ITL.  Are VPN phone suppose to be able to upgrade their XML/config over tunnel?  

CUCM does not support pushing alternate TFTP to the phone; this setting must be defined locally when you stage the phone on-net before shipping it to the end user.

The phone downloads it’s ITL from CUCM every time it boots. If it isn’t accepting a change to the ITL it would be due to the new file not being digitally signed by a certificate in the existing ITL on flash and TVS not green-lighting it (Phone-SAST-Trust store).

UC-Eng-aaS
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
you can remove the itl file from the phone by doing a factory reset or do a restore security under admin settings. The procedure may vary depending on the phone model.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: