Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-Registering the Address of a PRI Router in CUCM

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

We are moving one of our old PRI Routers to our new building we just moved into and in doing so we need to change its IP Address.

Once we change the address of the router, how do we "re-register" the device to the CallManager? And is there anything we should be aware of/look out for, when doing so?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

h323 gw not give registering status with cucm as it is peer to peer

save and reset and confirm ur gw new ip add still exist in the intended route group then test ur calls

Regards

Haitham

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Matt

Instructions will depends whether the gateway is configured as H323 or MGCP.

Barry Hesk

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

if MGCP, no . the cucm will get the new ip address itself

in h323, you need to modify the h323 gw ip address and confirm your RG to have the new ip address of the gw

Regards

Haitham

Hey Guys, thanks for the reply.

There are two H.323 Gateways. So we've already changed the IP Address on the Gateways. I then went into CallManager Device > Gateways, found the Gateways that now have a Registration of "Unknown". Changed the IP Address to the correct one, Saved it then Applied the Config.

But it still says Registration "Unknown". Do I need to reboot the Gateway or anything like that?

Thanks Again,

Matt

Hi Matt,

h323 gw not give registering status with cucm as it is peer to peer

save and reset and confirm ur gw new ip add still exist in the intended route group then test ur calls

Regards

Haitham

Hey Haitham, thanks for the reply.

Ok, I've saved and reset the Gateways. So were you saying the Status will not show that it's registered since its H.323?

I tested the phone calls and they did go through successfully, so I assume the registration status will not show as registered, correct?

Thanks Again,

Matt

Right it won't show status as registered

Glad to know it works

Regards

Haitham

plz rate helpfull posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: