cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-rerouting calls back to CUCM based on calling number

KhanalZ
Level 1
Level 1

Little background: Recently E911 call failed in our environment. CER Pub GUI was not accessible for some reason and Sub was not taking over. Calls went through after restarting both servers from CLI. We found later from TAC that we lost the logs after the reboot that could tell us what caused the issue.

Now, we are considering establishing a routine daily test call to 911 from a specific test DN but instead of sending such calls to PSAP, I would like to re-route that call back from CUBE to a DN or IVR in our CUCM based on calling number, without affecting actual 911 calls. This way we can confirm calls are hitting the CUBE but routing them back to an internal extension.

Can someone tell me what I need to do in CUBE without affecting normal call flows. Is it all about dial peers or something else is required? Or is there a better way to test/simulate 911 calls.

Thanks

16 Replies 16

KhanalZ
Level 1
Level 1

Roger, your last response makes perfect sense now. Translation profile wouldn't help because it will mess up genuine 911 calls. Now I will need to figure out the way so that when 5555 calls, CER will assign it a dedicated ELIN and I should be able to route that call back from CUBE to 4444 with much ease. BTW appreciate  you taking your time to help me.

KhanlaZ

Glad to hear that. However the translation on the dial peer I suggested used by the DPG would not break normal 911 calls as that dial peer doesn’t really match 911 calls.

Response Signature